NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol no it'll just be me and DH. The extended family would never be down for that.... But we aren't seeing extended family for Thanksgiving so, perfect! Then Friday we have dinner with my fam.

I'm not a baby person. But it's worth it because they grow into fun little psycho toddlers, which I enjoy much more lol. The first 6 months in particular is SO not my thing.

I haven't done much today except recuperate from running around nonstop for the past 2 weeks. I suppose I should get moving now.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I didn't realize dinner with your family wasn't until Friday - my bad!

Oh...I love da babies more than them psycho toddlers, lol! But, even the psycho toddler age can be a BLAST! They're constant movement and always learning stuff - it's more exciting than baby stage - but baby stage is when you get to cuddle 'em and they can't get away, lol!

My kiddos were exact opposite. One was a cuddly baby and the other was a cuddlier toddler. Same with my grandkids! The almost 11yo GS (b'day Monday) is still a cuddler. He told me last time they were here that 'physical touch' is one of his love languages. I 'bout fell offa my chair, lol. My 10 yo GD is not touchy feely at all. She told me her love languages are 'words of affirmation' and 'receiving gifts'. So TRUE!

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So cute! I am not a cuddler, so the baby stage is an awful lot of sitting and holding and lack of personal space for me. Not that I don't love holding my baby, I do, but I am also one that sleep trains and uses the baby swing, etc so I can BREATHE once in a while! Psycho toddlers are tiring but fun! I spent a fair amount of time teaching preschool so 2-4 is way fun for me. Although DD is now learning how to read and it's blowing my mind and super fun also. DH is good with babies, then is not in his prime for a while, but is now having a lot of fun with DD again because she can (and wants to) learn things.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH is working on the barn. It's cold and dreary and threatening to rain. Hope it holds off!

Meat birds go tomorrow, I'm hoping. If so, they've been fed their last meal!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Eh tomorrow's forecast looks sketchy for butchering. We'll see how brave the boys are!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They are so whiny. Butchering Tuesday. Apparently they are fair weather farmers! Lol

The "friend" that DH helped put up his horse run in (and whose truck he fixed and has yet to see a dime that he was promised for doing all that work) just showed up. And stood there talking about how special he is and has not helped DH at all. So the should have taken not very long project is now going to take waaaay longer than planned. I hate my husband's friends.

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm with you on the newborns NH, but I love cuddling so that's fine. I think it's just that my son was a non-stop eater and wouldn't stay asleep for more then two hours. So I was completely sleep deprived for at least a year...and then slowly it got better. But also I like the interaction so much more as they get older.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe I'm ready for another...