NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WooHoo! That's awesome! I know that's gotta make ya'll feel better to have so much extra room. Even better that it comes with windows already framed. So cool!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep windows and a front door! Fourth wall is up now. Without the help of dumb friend, btw. Or a tractor. I'm so excited! I know it's a little barn but it's exciting for me. And it's free, which is even better. We even got the nails to put it together for free! I staked out my milking stand spot just now. DH's pair of dark cornish are going to live in the barn, with a run to the outside, for the winter. Our big coop is full and we don't have an adequate little coop so they'll get a little spot in there.

Meat bird day tomorrow, it's going to be 50! (it's 32 today) and I have officially fed them their last meal!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ya'll are moving right along! It's so much fun to make progress you can actually see, lol! Yay on butcher day tomorrow. Less mouths for you to feed!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well he is moving along, lol. I haven't really participated. There's not much I can do really. Fortunately he's having fun so I don't feel too bad!

We don't have a ladder lying around... So did you see the one he built? Lol!! Can't keep him from doing something when he wants it done!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, barn is leveled, up on cinder blocks and square. Got dark again before I got a pic.

Dude never showed up to help. It's the same dude who's supposed to do birds with us tomorrow. He needs his Thanksgiving turkey done... Huh, guess he better be showing up in time to help with our meat birds. Or his bird isn't getting done in time for turkey day!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dang - your man is fast! Ok, I can wait until tomorrow for a pic...

Uh....I think your DH needs a new friend!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah... I don't know why he puts up with it from this guy. Oh well. He is coming tomorrow so the birds will be done and DH won't have to do them alone at least.

DH just wants to work on the barn, he is annoyed he has to stop to do birds tomorrow lol. And probably to do a pig Thursday. But... Our to do before winter list is getting shorter!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
You guys are making great progress and that barn looks amazing so far!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks! The goats (and the goat farmer!) will be very happy when it's done! I told DH that the longest we will have til baby gets here is 9 weeks, because of the gestational diabetes they won't let me go past 39 weeks at the latest... Most people at this point are stressing out about decorating the nursery... I'm stressing out about my goat barn!:lol:

Latest posts