NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you had a DAY! Gramma's are...well...grammas, lol! You deserve some couch time. Hope DH makes good roof progress tomorrow!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I didn't actually sit down either. I remembered the birds had to be shrink bagged and put in the freezer, so I weighed them and made room in the freezer while DH shrink bagged them. 3 didn't fit so they're going to my mom's in the morning. Then I swept the floors... And did some laundry. I'm sitting on the couch now though lol

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I try to respect my daughter and son in law's wishes on their children. However, we give them candy, we bake cookies and we let them stay up late. After all, we are the grandparents and our job is to spoil and love our little darlings. We don't get in the way of how our grand daughters are disciplined, they have two awesome parents. I only wish ALL children could have a Father and a Mother like our DD and DSIL.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I believe, personally, the job of spoiling changes when you live next door and see each other at least every weekend. My mom used to babysit DD when I worked, and her spoiling has a huge effect on home, due to her proximity and frequency of visits.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If my daughter is here with the children - OR - if we are at their house I stay out of the way and let them deal with everything. When the kiddos are at my house with no parents I do still follow the rules their parents lay down for them with one exception. I'm actually harder on them than my daughter. She lets the kids fall asleep watching a movie every night. I don't. We have story time at my house...I read them stories every single night they are here. They each get to pick a story or two out of the Five Minute Fairy Tale Book. We all pile up on a bean bag chair or sleeping bag of the fold out foam chair or all of the above and we cuddle and read. I wouldn't trade those times for anything in the world. Nothing like being piled on by the kiddos to make you feel loved! They love it too...they don't miss TV. But, I do spoil them, lol. WE always go to their favorite Chinese buffet restaurant, we do a movie, or go skating, or go to the bouncy house. I miss them little buggers...probably won't even see them for the holiday season this year...:(

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm catching up on threads.......you all are REALLY stomping down that "to do list" !! Awesome! Butchering mostly done, barn mostly done, new DD mostly done...LOL...seems things are winding down very, very well.

You AND your does will enjoy the new "free" barn!! Life is good.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey sounds like we're doing pretty well when you put it that way! Lol!

I have the turkey carcass from yesterday cooking on the stove right now, I'll get some broth in the freezer. Going to roast another turkey today because I needed the freezer space, tomorrow I'll make turkey soup with that one. Also pulled out my stew hens, I'll cook them down probably tomorrow and can some soup! It's poultry days here I guess, lol. And catching up on laundry, etc today while DH is out putting up rafters!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It surely does sound like poultry days! Hey - it's the season, right?

Barn is coming along! Hopefully you will have "all finished" pics soon!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our 1 year old toddled up to the sheep pen and was talking to them. They came to the fence and said BAAA!! BAAA!! right in her face. She startled and fell smack on her bottom. She sat there, amazed. We had a good laugh. I taught her, What does a sheep say? BAA BAA! She tried to say sheep, but it came out intelligible gibberish. But she can say BAA BAA! :lol::lol:

It's the little things like that that caused us to move here. Wouldn't miss it for the world, all the special moments that kids have. The 2 year old wasn't interested in the turkey until I told her it was a mean rooster turkey and it was HUGE. Then she tied into it.

Latest posts