NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Shhhhh it's only the beginning! Lol

DH has to work like an actual job tomorrow, bummer we can't be full time farmers! But he's pushing to get this barn done. Then the pig, weather dependent (he hopes to do the pig within the next week). But we'll be done with pigs for a while after that which I am very happy about. Have to fence in the free ranging birds for winter (before I lose my mind), and winterize the turkeys. Those last two will take a few hours, tops. Then I can relax.

DH had a friend get a few deer, so he's going to help butcher in return for some meat. Don't even know if he'll have time to go back out before the season ends, with all this stuff we have to do.

The new goats, other than being majorly dominant, are doing great. They've warmed up to me, not to the point they seek out attention for the sake of attention, but they're easier to handle and they rush the gate with the rest of the gang now (ugh I hate that!)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's all coming together! Still have trouble thinking about snow... wow! Sounds like the new girls are settling in just fine!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It sounds like things are coming together nicely now. Hope everything important will be wrapped up soon, so you can relax a bit before the new human comes!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What's the due date on the new human now?
How's your sugar levels? Fun punching fingers, right?! NOT!!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Due date is January 30th, but with the GD they won't let me go past the 23rd I'm fairly certain. I also have a history of preterm birth, DD was a 36.5 weeker so they're watching because I am more likely than the average person to go early. Anytime after January 2nd I'll be ok, before that they would ship me to the big hospital and I DO NOT want that!

Sugar levels are good when I don't eat dumb things, lol. That's only happened a couple times. Should graduate from 4x/day checks to 2x/day checks soon, which I am anxious for because I hate it!!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I ate pizza (homemade, whole wheat crust) and salad for dinner. Good sugar levels... Woohoo, I can still eat pizza!! Lol the little things right?

Long day of fiber class for DD, feed store, grocery shopping, etc. Looking forward to staying home tomorrow. DH got a light in the barn and one on the front of the barn after work today. Tomorrow he's home to work on roofing and putting in something for a door for the goats, then I think real work the rest of the week.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay for pizza! DH is moving right along with that barn. Not long until it's complete....if barn's are ever complete, lol!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah we already have things planned for spring renovations, but it will be done... For now! And liveable in the meantime!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just get through the winter. The barn will make a huge difference!