NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not even remotely concerned about whatever has to happen in spring farm-wise, other than kidding and milking. Definitely thinking about that.

I have a feeling my goats won't go out much this winter with their fancy new barn. Brats!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well... DH has been out there working all day while I clean and do schoolwork with DD... I guess I better go try to get some pics while it's light out! He's been bouncing around working on different things, his ADHD is winning but he's been working on barn related things all day, lol!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's giving me attitude uploading pics so I'll do one at a time.

This is looking at the front door
1129171555a.jpg
And you can't tell but the roof is on now!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WooHoo!! So nice...and that's a big ol' roof! I guess you have to have a sharp angle so the snow will slide off? Could you put storage up there? Sorry if these are ridiculous questions cuz I don't know about snow roofs.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol yes he had to build up the roof so the snow would slide off! But not too steep for climbing on if need be (for him, I'm not getting up there!)

He'll eventually put storage up there, yes. At least on the tall half, which is the goat side.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Me either!!

Definitely have to have either 2 hay feeders or a much larger area to access hay. The queens are being... Queens. And only Clifford gets to eat with them, lol. The others are well fed but they have to wait their turn. Goats...

Latest posts