NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Depends on the weather. Last year there was a warm period in January when some people tapped but it's more often March. So not like, super soon lol. But soon-ish.

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lol ya, we tried that January tap, it was too temping not to and was our first year so we wanted to see what we could do. It was fine, but had boiling issues which we will resolve this year.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Baby thinks sleep is boring. I disagree... Lol! Big DD didn't want to go to sleep last night either. Can't we save the difficult nights for when DH is home?

On a good note, I think this is the last multi-day snowmaking adventure for the season. Woo hoo!

Let's see if we can sneak in some more sleep before the big kid gets up...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
You got a good load of meat off pigster :thumbsup And enough bacon to last you a year? ;) Hope little one is letting you sleep now. They are wonderful, but so is sleep…

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got a bit more sleep. I don't do well with lack of sleep, having a newborn is rough on me, even though I love it!

Yes we will have bacon for a while! Sounds good to me!

DH said last night he's not totally interested in moving south anymore. Guess I have a lot of cold winters ahead of me! Oh well... At least I'm used to it.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Bummer on the not moving :( Though it wasn't an outright "No" Maybe he's just too tired to think about moving at the moment, with the new baby, work and winter hassles.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No he means it. He came home from work to do chores and we got the sausage ground and in the freezer. I literally cannot fit one more package of meat in there. It is FULL!

And now he heads back to work. Finally getting my butt in gear and got out some schoolwork for DD. We've been reading a ton but time to get back to something sort of resembling a routine now! Sort of....

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have serious cabin fever. It's like clockwork, every year right around February I go stir crazy. It's going to be worse this year because it's too cold for baby to go out much, and with this brutal flu season I want the kids to stay away from public places as much as possible.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have serious cabin fever. It's like clockwork, every year right around February I go stir crazy. It's going to be worse this year because it's too cold for baby to go out much, and with this brutal flu season I want the kids to stay away from public places as much as possible.
Ugh....totally understandable - but a drag nonetheless!