NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pretty good! She slept great, she's eating great but really hates that I have to suck out her nose before she eats lol. She's happy and eating. Yay!

We might get 2 inches of snow... I can handle that. Waiting to see where the storm goes.

The Cornish almost met his end this morning.... Not yet though. DH is getting closer. It takes him a while...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woo Hoo on sleeping!! I remember those snot sucking days - UGH! My kiddos hated it too!

Hope your snowfall is light. Two inches shouldn't be so bad.

That Cornish roo must have 9 lives, lol! DH just hasn't been flogged badly enough yet I guess.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I actually have a good plan for hatching that involves him dying, lol. Or at least vacating his spot in the coop. So he must go soon!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That bird does have 9 lives, I swear lol Glad the little one is better!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If anyone wonders if chaga has benefits.. DH and I have not gotten sick. And I have taken zero precautions. All the staff at the hospital wore gowns and masks in our room. I called them hazmat suits. Most laughed! Some didn't... Lol

DH hates killing breeding stock, plus he hasn't felt like skinning him.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We harvest and make it. It's everywhere up here! I am not usually into that sort of thing, but it seems to help. DH's boss at the mountain lives off chaga and fermented food and he hasn't been sick in the 3 years they've worked together He's actually the reason we decided to try it. Now to learn to ferment...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's encouraging to hear that his boss is so healthy - it's a good testimonial to the benefits. Fermenting isn't hard...ya just leave stuff out of the fridge, lol. Ok - that's a bit simplistic, lol. I'm craving some yogurt! Might divert some of that milk into yogurt.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Birch trees, up north where it's cold lol! There was a thread where we talked about it recently... Somewhere ..