NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We're going to collect for a week and do a hatch. That'll make them less than 2 weeks after roo left so should be good. Thanks!

Cornish hasn't gone after DH much lately, but DH goes in with a stick and pushes him out into the run lol

I have been promised a layer flock with no roo so DD can collect eggs safely. He'll keep his breeders separate. I can live with that! It's one chore she can do herself!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Kids love to gather eggs! When I know we are having company I let the kids get the eggs.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A little sore but much better! Stupid chicken.

I never heard back about that buck but DH wants a buckling out of the buck Mimosa and Bellini were bred to. So, since he hardly ever cares about goats and this made my day, I emailed her today. She has 2 Nigies bred to him so now we wait. One is bred for May (she's a better milker), the other for August.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dh said the Cornish has been much calmer since Brewster went away. We'll see how long that lasts!

Starting the incubator in a week, starting seeds around the middle of the month (so late, I know! But can't plant til June!) still no turkey eggs.... Weird. But spring is coming! Will start milking this weekend too! It's been A LONG winter! Ready to get back to it :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dh said the Cornish has been much calmer since Brewster went away. We'll see how long that lasts!

Competition is gone. Even if not together, per se, they know from the crow (if nothing else). May just save his life. :D At least until you get some fertile eggs from him.