NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm looking forward to consistent 10 hours so I can stay up past 9 when she goes down for the night, lol but we'll get there!

I'm so ready to sell some of these babies! Older ones are 5.5 weeks so getting there. I get why people sell bottle babies. One of the bucklings is a little too enthusiastic about the ladies!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Those long sleep nights are bliss, aren't they? Glad she's doing well. It sounds like that rooster may have calmed down a bit because the other one is gone? Or did he see what happened to the other one? ;)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol no he didn't witness the end of Brewster. But maybe he's calmer because he's gone or maybe he'll attack again tomorrow!

I just found a source for free pallets, like tons of them! We're going to make a pallet buck pen (can hot wire if needed). Yay free stuff!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just found a source for free pallets, like tons of them!
Woo Hoo - SCORE! That's awesome! I'm getting them free too - but only one at a time. Every time I buy feed now I have them load it on a pallet and use the forklift to put it in my truck. I like the pallets and the loaders like not having to throw it in my truck bag by bag!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DD1 is sick AGAIN! We have been obsessive about hand washing and have hardly left the house so what the heck???

And she's whiny as all heck. Which I am not listening to. It's a cold. Pretty sure you're gonna make it.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think the baby may have conjunctivitis, seriously?? Maybe just a blocked tear duct. Gunky watery eye either way, probably going back to the doctor yet again!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh noooo... My son had a blocked tear duct when he was born...I was instructed to massage the corner of his eye and finally...a couple weeks later...a big ol hunk of junk came out :confused: and that cleared it up for good.

Whatever it is - I hope she gets over it with no major problemos! Poor darling - she has had her challenges. (which means you have those challenges too!) :hugs

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Her eye isn't red so we'll see how it looks in the morning! I'm hoping she doesn't get DD1's cold too. Ugh!