NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH was watching the trees whipping around in the backyard and I looked out front - told him he was looking out the wrong window. Huge pine down across the driveway. He and his friend are moving it now. And now the tarp was just ripped off the turkeys' hoop coop so he'll be sorting that out next.

Would have been one thing if they forecasted this but they didn't.

And he just found a dead chicken. And I am not going out in this garbage to help identify her, but he thinks it's a Dominique. We only have one purebred left... I last counted the hens 2 days ago. Sigh.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh man… Sorry to hear about the troubles from the wind and the chicken. It would be awesome if they forecast these weather events, so we can prepare for them, won't it? Hope things will settle down for you soon.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He said it looks like it's been there a while. Ew, that's what happens in snow country. I don't remember losing any chickens though. Gross, lol

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dominiques, Cornishes, some Dominique /orpington crosses and some other random layer mixes that'll be half Dom. That roo is gone now so hope to get some good replacements from these eggs.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love my trees and forest but not when they fall down! Good thing none landed on the house or barn.

Latest posts