NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep we did, they're all moved now. Into their temporary place, then they'll move again in a few months! Our stuff just went last. Been moving their things a bit at a time for a few weeks.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah they're in my stepdad's parents' house a couple miles away. Which also sold. They're renting it from the new buyers until their house (double wide actually), also a couple miles away, is done. Craziness! And their dog is hurting this morning and has a big cut on his head from the dang deer!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If ya'll wind up moving onto the property with them, be sure to get an acre IN YOUR NAME to make sure you don't get booted off when the inevitable happens and you have to deal with end of life issues.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We wouldn't get booted, that land is going to me. The property over next to where we live now will be sold and the money goes to my brother, who likes money more than property. They've got that sorted out. But I'm sure they'd carve out land for us if we move over there anyway.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm having a bad day. Lucy the GG has scours. She is eating, drinking and acting normal, I gave her probiotics and am researching what the heck else to do (any suggestions @frustratedearthmother??)

And DD2 has her 6 month checkup today, which is fine except she reacts poorly to shots and will likely spike a fever. And it's supposed to be HOT today, which means I'll need to keep her in the A/C and somehow also keep an eye on the darn goat, who BTW is DD1's goat and is not allowed to die. So... My anxiety is through the roof and I'm selfishly wishing DH had stayed home today.

Monday you are not my friend.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh nooooo! She still has barberpole, right? Or am I confused? Did the vet say anything about coccidia?

Probiotics are good. She's had CDT? I might be tempted to keep her off of grain for a day and just feed hay. If you knew it was just an upset tummy that would be pretty standard. But, if she's bright and alert then pulling feed may or may not be necessary.

Did she get an Ivomec product after the vet said she still had BP? And if so, how long ago?

Poor darlin'....sure hoping the best for her!

Yes - Monday sucks!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ivermectin oral and injectable Thursday. Haven't re-treated for coccidia. Doesn't coccidia smell awful? Poo smells normal. But!! I just realized DH fed them this year's freshly baled hay yesterday (dried and gorgeous hay) and they've been eating crappy last year's hay. Think it contributed?? She's acting normal-eating, drinking, eating minerals and jumped on me and fought her sister over their grain. Eyelids are not dark red but pink.