NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol thanks... I don't feel like it. I feel like exhausted, to-do list never completed mom! Not milking will help. Getting rid of half my goats will help (selling 2, eating 2). I throw feed to the pigs and water them and DH does the rest. And we'll be down to one pen of chickens by fall. Relief.

If we stay here we'll put on an addition. Yay more work, lol. We need a dining room because our kitchen is tiny. Also a big table and more space will help with school.

Also need to finish DH's truck and fix my 4 wheeler. And get hay. And... A bunch of other stuff...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The list never ends! It doesn't even matter if you cross a bunch of things off of it - for everything you mark off it seems like 3 more things are added!

It'll definitely help when aren't milking and you have less critters to care for - I think this is a good decision for your family right now. You can always get more goats if/when you want.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks FEM. I kinda feel like a failure for not trying to keep milking. I know, that's silly. I've just wanted to milk for so long! But, I have the rest of my life to milk goats right?

Lucy and Gidget were feisty tonight. They were headbutting, bouncing off the walls and climbing on everything. I dare say they're improved! So fun to watch them. Gidget in particular is a love, she's always climbing on me. She's so dairy shaped too, she's really lovely (in my non-experienced opinion!)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
But - you DID milk! :) And you've got a freezer full to prove it. :thumbsup Absolutely no shame in making the right decision for your family - and you are sooooo right - you've got forever to decide when it's time to milk again. And, maybe next time you'll be milking one of those awesome GG's!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
True, thank you! We did, and would continue to if they were more cooperative with production! It is quite possible I won't be able to milk again until the GG's are ready. I can't wait for that! Love those girls!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just got home from the ER. DD1 sliced her leg on a piece of metal. Doc let me decide what to do, I voted steri-strips and a future scar over needles and staples (stitches wouldn't have held where it was). I've had enough fun for today. Gonna make some coffee. Sigh.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! Poor baby! Glad she didn't have to endure staples and the numbing medicine that comes with it.

I've had stitches a time or two and that numbing medicine burns like the dickens! In fact, once I was having a couple places stitched up on my hand and one of those places there wasn't enough of the med, but I didn't tell the doc, lol. A few needle pierces and tugging was LESS painful than that stupid medicine!

Wine - not coffee! (unless you've got something stronger to go with it!)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a migraine, so no wine for me! Coffee works wonders on migraines. Plus we still need to go to TSC. Ugh.