NH Homesteader's journal

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh the mama bear is furious. So my mom went with us to the ER yesterday cause, well, she's calmer than my DH lol. Anyway, today she tells me that while I was talking to the doctor, the nurse said to my daughter, "you're homeschooled? Don't you want to go to school? Don't you want to have friends?" what??? Who says that to a 5 year old??? Have you ever heard of play dates, homeschool classes, extracurricular activities... Things like 4H? And holy not your place lady. DH wants me to call the hospital to complain. I plan to share my complaint with her pediatrician, who rocks. But, so mad.
Perhaps you should inform her that you are, in fact a certified teacher, who knows how the system works and that system does not work for you.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So -- does this mean that Clifford will be stinking like a piggie buck in rut??? :eek: Brave YOU! :D

Been a long, long time since I've had to do more than occasionally pickup DGD from school &/or admire her honor roll report cards. :cool: Guess everyplace has virtual school now. I can see how everyone could benefit in rural areas....county school expenses and all, less buses on roads, gas and a lot of other things. :)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Haha piggy only hangs out with him when DH is home to supervise. It's a small area, we don't need a pig vs goat fight lol

Patty looks awesome, since drying her off she's bulking up fast! I'm thrilled! Maybe I will have milk next year!

The FIL wants us to come out this weekend with the arsenal so he and DH can shoot and talk about "things"... Not sure what things, it'll either be good or it'll be a "why don't you talk to your sisters" lecture.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My goats and pigs usually ignore each other unless feed is involved. So glad Patty is coming around. I swear some of these does put everything in the pail. Red is like that - she will NOT gain weight while she is lactating. Cameo on the other hand has gained and is looking really good for a milking doe.

Hope the talk about things turns out to be a really GOOD talk about things! :fl

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hope it's a good talk about things too. We're the only ones who don't parade around with our hands out, I know he appreciates that. He's been bugging us about having a third kid... Our house isn't big enough, wanna help us out here dude? Lol kidding.

I'm used to fat Nigerians, I'm learning how to judge body condition on non-fat goats lol! Gidget is very dairy shaped, and I keep thinking she's too skinny but she's really perfect.