NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Shhh it's hot enough already! Lol I don't understand why summer and winter are so long and the enjoyable seasons are so short!

Yes there are curriculums that give you everything you need. I find a lot of them to be cheesy and repetitive. Some of them even have teaching videos with them (doesn't that defeat the purpose of homeschooling?) DD1 does not like repetition, so I need something that doesn't harp on the same concepts a million times over, and that doesn't use the same format for every concept. We'll also play lots of math games, etc.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Shhh it's hot enough already! Lol I don't understand why summer and winter are so long and the enjoyable seasons are so short!
Makes absolutely no sense to me. I'm not asking that spring and fall be longer - don't wanna be selfish - but equality is something to strive for!!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That would work for me! I love fall, it's my favorite season except I spend half of it getting ready for winter. It really is gorgeous here in the fall.

Might have someone taking Mimosa and Bellini this weekend, we'll see. Try to get the wethers butchered soon and as soon as I get clear fecals the GG's can move into the barn. Hopefully I will get clear fecals eventually, lol. So nervous to see... Then Clifford can get the stall and the girls will get the big area for the fall/winter. Patty will get moved in with him this winter if she bulks up! She looks like she will.

This year DH is taking DD1 hunting, she can't wait. I can't wait for venison stew!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woo-Hoo for venison stew! Really hope that Mimosa and Bellini find a new home - that would be better for the winter feed bill. How many wethers are you gonna butcher? I can't remember - you have two?

Someday I want to head that way to see the fall color...someday...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is really beautiful. So sad we lost the Old Man of the Mountain. Changed a lot tourism wise. The roads up in Northern NH are basically built for the fall tourists, the rest of the year it's kind of overkill to have 2 lane highways up there! Lol it's rather annoying going for drives in the fall because we get stuck behind the leaf peepers! Yes, we call them that!

Yes, 2 wethers. I just looked at some old pics today and Clifford has gotten big this summer! He's really filled out and grown a lot of hair, lol! He looks great. Much better than he smells! He makes pretty babies too. What's funny is the 4 goats I'm keeping are all solid colors. He's black, Patty is white /cream and the GG's are, well, golden. No markings on any of them.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Leaf Peepers - that's awesome. Yep, that's what I would be. Guess I'm just a FEW years too late to see the Old man... :(

I wouldn't complain if you posted some pics of Clifford... I hardly know what solid colored goats look like, lol!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I will if I can get my phone to cooperate. He seriously is so hard to take pics of, being all black! I actually kind of like solid colored goats, though I really like spots too. I've got to change breeds if I want spots though!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What is The Old Man of the Mountains? Leaf Peepers! :lol:

My daughter was in private school a lot as a kid. She was on a program called Paces that was too easy and not challenging at one school. The rest of the time she was on the Abeka curriculum and it was a good one. That's about all I know, I never tried to home school her.