NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm used to fat Nigerians
I'm used to FAT pygmies! After looking at those for 20 years seeing a dairy doe was quite disturbing, lol. You can see their bones. Only bones you see on a pygmy are legs and head, lol.
Our house isn't big enough, wanna help us out here dude? Lol kidding.
Ya never know - he may be in a generous mood. :fl Sure hope so!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol that is true, pygmies are awful chunky!

It's raining again. So much to do, so little motivation DD1 is at my mom's for dinner and it's weirdly quiet. I probably won't get much accomplished....

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nap? Ha! What's that? Lol no I didn't take a nap but I didn't do much productive either. Worked on budget /bills crud. And entertained the baby, who is not good at self - entertaining this week.

Need to do some school planning in the next week or two, and pick a math curriculum. I don't like any of them enough to pay for them lol. But I really don't want to make my own (which is what I'm doing for all the other subjects). So I've got a few people to talk to and some searching to do, to find one I can live with. And afford... Man some of these things are ridiculous.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
School planning sounds like a big ol UGH! I so could not do it...kudo's to ya'll that can! Math....double ugh!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh I like it! Except I'm a perfectionist over-planner and I'm trying not to do that! I have the state standards to go by (loosely). She is supposed to be starting kindergarten, she reads at a 3rd-4th grade level, so all the learn to read stuff, I get to skip (Yay!). We're doing 1st grade math so we'll say she's in 1st grade-ish. I love homeschooling, it doesn't even matter what grade she's in, lol!

As for me, I must start looking for professional development to get my teacher cert back...as if I have time for that!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is awesome! She actually can read beyond that but her comprehension trails off around there.

I'm actually looking forward to it, because I can do some studying things that apply to DD1 rather than what I've always focused on being a special ed teacher. I actually miss using that part of my brain lol!

Hot and humid today, yuck. Where's fall? I'm ready.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Where's fall? I'm ready

If only, when it arrived, it would stay a while and NOT disappear into WINTER!!! If I had 2 seasons, Spring & Fall would work. :D

So, for the curriculums you buy -- what do you get? Full info, teaching schedules, testing material (and answers! LOL)…. Is it a total layout of the material, schedules, goals? Is that for a school year of work?

Latest posts