NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hope so too! My husband was cracking up because every time he got one off the thing to try to top it back up, the other one would hop on. Just my minis, my Nigies do not get involved in shenanigans, lol. I told him he's going to wish I stuck with Nigies! And also, I'm glad they're minis and not full size, easier to move!

I might get another mini doeling... We'll see! I'm going to ask the lady to please let me know if she has a doeling! She so far has had 5 mini bucks, and has one alpine left to kid.

Super headache today and I could totally take a nap right now.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ha! My kiddo doesn't nap anymore. I kinda miss nap time!

DH has been having daily fights with the barrow. Ground is thawing so we can hopefully process soon. I don't know how many pictures I'll take because we are mostly making him into sausage, other than chops, ribs, bacon and maybe a couple of roasts. We don't eat roasts in the summer really but we eat pork burgers on the grill and plenty of sausage. We have sausage mix packets, we're cheaping out lol. We do have casings to try making links... That'll be interesting! Lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Making links is fun, lol. My neighbor has all the equipment and that sausage stuffer thing is just cool!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah we have one on our grinder. Haven't used it yet, so we might make a giant mess lol!

Have you had any more of your pork? I've been eating a ton of pork lately. Need to cook a turkey next week for some variety!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So my husband got the car stuck in the driveway yesterday. That was fun... Not! We have serious mud issues and it's supposed to downpour this afternoon/evening. Maybe it'll melt all this snow!

I haven't heard anything about my buckling... But the woman is single and works full time so I'm trying not to bother her! My husband really thinks I need to stick with minis (he's probably right), so getting a full size alpine is on hold. But he said if I can find a mini doeling this year I can get her... So new goat hunt! Lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Awesome on getting a new goat - not so awesome on getting stuck in the driveway. That really stinks!