NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ughhhh doe #1 kidded- twin does. The other one is due the 9th. If she doesn't have a buck, I'll have to get a Nigerian for now and try to find a 50/50 next year. Biggest issue is the kids coming this weekend are related to the doe I wanted to try to get a 50/50 doeling from. There is literally only one mini alpine breeder anywhere near me. Oh well, I will need a new buck next year anyway!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Stinker! It's a buck year -- and she gets does? It's not even fair, lol. Hopefully, the next one will come through for ya!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She has had so many bucks, I almost feel ok with it for her sake haha! But her two best Nigies are due to kid this week so I'll have choices soon!

We have no power. My parents who live next door have power. We do not. So apparently a tree between our houses jumped on the power lines? I don't even know but I'm not impressed!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Me too. My daughter is all wound up and up late because all the "normal" noises aren't there (fans and stuff). Generator is going for heat and a light at least.

Line down up the road from us. Just saw PD and FD go by, no power company that I've seen yet.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woohoo! Power! It is seriously windy out there. We lose our power a LOT here. Happy to have the generator, but even happier that we get to go turn it off now!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OH NO! I just realized we both forgot about the incubator! It's not at too low of a temp right now (and headed back up) so I hope my turklets are ok!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well my chickens broke out, so they've been free ranging for a couple of days. They are laying like mad! I have 8 hens in that group, for the past 3 days I got 7,6, and 6 eggs. Yay! The rooster has had a few "conversations" with my husband and behaved like a gentleman today with me.

The pigs have made some serious MUD! I can't wait to move them (and butcher the one).

Tomorrow is going to be warm, so it's CDT and hoof trimming day! Then 70's Monday and Tuesday!