NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH is obsessing about the tractor. I'm obsessing about insurance coverage lol. We haven't heard back regarding specifics of anything yet! I am not patient!

Now I just need some sheep and a couple beehives.... the tractor will help us make a bigger garden next year, yay!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love my tractor!! Unfortunately I had no one with a solid unit to sell me -- so, new buy. Once paid off, I can retire. LOL But, want a couple attachments I don't have and we are talking a good amount of $$. A garden with a tractor should have happened here but never seemed to have time to work into it :idunno Have harrow but really want a rototiller. Plus, need a couple other cultivator attachments during grow. The units I have are a GREAT help on the farm. It has made fencing a lot easier for a "one old gal" project. :D I do have a pull tiller that hooks to my riding mower....has it's own engine, etc. Swear I could do more with one on the tractor as far as maneuverability, space, etc.

NEW job, with benefits! YEAH!! Maybe some better hours for family & farm times. :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses does your tractor have the quick connect for attachments? Mine does and it makes changing them so much easier.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's a little tractor, but still, awesome. FIL needs to borrow it twice a year to put his docks in and out at the lake, other than that he never uses it. Hoping to get more info today, DH' s family does things slowly lol!

I'm having allergy issues or getting a cold. Don't know which. Hope it's not a cold, don't need sick kids already!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses does your tractor have the quick connect for attachments? Mine does and it makes changing them so much easier.

Nope. Really main issue I have is pulling the bushhog connect
only at PTO shaft. That is a BEAR!!! Rest, I can do. Heck, the backhoe goes on/off easier! It connects to tractor frame & hydraulics, has own seat, etc.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH and I had doctor's appts today. He rarely goes but our PCP totally "gets" him. I make him go every few years lol. He is checking me for diabetes and DH for gluten intolerance. Yay us, let's hope we pass the test lol!

We had a raccoon in the yard this afternoon . Not a fan of daytime raccoon visits!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, those are tests results are all negative! I'm with ya on not being comfortable with a 'coon running around in the open during daylight hours.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Daytime coons can be rabid, watch yourself and your animals. If any of your animals act funny, get out of the pen!

Latest posts