NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think I've talked myself right out of it. Just found a lady with 5 daughters who all do 4H, she's a vet, who has registered Shetlands for sale for a really decent price. They're currently being used as therapy animals for teens in an anxiety treatment center and have been loved on by her kids and are lead trained. So yeah.... I think I'm gonna open my wallet this week! She's a vet, I could throw them in with my goats instead of trying to put up a quarantine pen in the snow. DD1 would die of happiness to have sheep as sweet as these ones.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think so. It feels like the right move. DH agrees, we'll get two from her (it's a mother/daughter pair), then probably get a ram next year and retain any ewes they have to start a little flock!

Oh, they are moving our house next Monday!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes! He knows we're in a rush, so he's in a rush! He seems like a super nice guy. He didn't want to sell this place, it was his new model home to show people lol. FIL just had to have it, so he talked (strong armed? Lol) him into it.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Getting my sheepies next weekend! DH cleaned out the barn today, so pretty much good to go except he has to finish up the fence expansion (won't take long). Oh and do something about the stupid chickens that keep moving into the barn. Ugh!

We got a ton of packing done, DH is going to bring some stuff down to my parents' tomorrow and finally move the hoop house and hay.

I can't wait to get in the new place. We're all exhausted and grumpy and ugh. I need to get in a school routine, start cooking healthier again, and not live among boxes. Fortunately DH is tossing lots of stuff, he's always been a bit of a hoarder!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Packing, packing. .. more packing... lol. Oh and moving the hay hut, and all the hay is moldy, so waiting for the hay guy. He said he has dry round bales, and can sell our stuff as mulch hay... we'll see. The hay hut will no longer be the hay hut, it'll be the tractor and 4 wheeler palace lol