NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Makes sense.

Ugh on storms...we're having one of those days that started out warmer and will get colder all day. Not like your cold - but cold enough for me!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh. My. Gosh. The place is gorgeous! They're moving our place out at the end of the week or beginning of next week, we'll have to go stay with my parents while they pour the slab, etc. And we'll be in our new house in 3-4 weeks!!! AND FIL is gifting us the money over our budget. Like, it's way over budget. Like over double our budget. And it's bigger than we thought, we're gaining about 500sqft!! Eeeek!

Gotta go pack now!
This is wonderful! :) I'm so happy for you! Your FIL rocks, that is so sweet of him.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A neighbor got a new home. They were living in an old house that had issues and she was tired of dealing with it. It was going to cost almost as much as their new manufactured home, to remodel it, and they would still have an old house. They couldn't even GIVE it away, so tore it down. They moved in with his grandmother, stored their stuff in a rented storage room and put up with the inconvenience because they had their eye on the prize!

It will be a hassle, but it will be SO worth it. Keep your eye on the prize!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well I'm marking my calendar for March 6th. That's 114 days from now. Charlotte actually stood for Stanley today! So... We'll see! I'm happy for him, lol !!

Packing now. Or trying to. Baby keeps trying to eat everything. And DH took off to help a friend drag a deer out of the woods. Which he does NOT have time for and I am NOT impressed !!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woo Hoo! Sure hope Charlotte has a successful pregnancy. March isn't a bad time to have babies at all! Ewww, I hate packing - but it is a really good time to purge! Maybe DH will get a portion of the deer that he is helping with?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Doubtful. This "friend" never reciprocates. DH needs to ditch him, it's getting old.

Charlotte's first litter was born in February so maybe she thinks pigs are seasonal breeders? Lol who knows.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just got baby to nap. Yes, packing. And freaking out, lol. DH is much calmer and better at packing than me. DD1 is an anxious ball of energy, the older dog is freaked out because he knows what we're doing, the younger dog is like stepping on or tripping over everything, and the baby tries to eat everything we drop on the floor. It's awesome. Really. Ugghhh!