NH Homesteader's journal

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Once you're in your lovely new house this will all be worth it!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well DH is off to the mountain to make snow. I'm thrilled, really, lol. His dog is a wreck when he's gone and she drives me nuts!

Got some more packing done today, DH still needs to move the hoop house and hay.... because that'll be fun... we're supposed to get 6" of snow Friday. Also fun?

All the chickens decided they live in the barn now. Whatever, DH can deal with that this weekend. I hate free range chickens!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh boy... the pre-new house chores are starting to get real now. And, they're made even more fun/challenging with the weather. Geeze...
Silly chickens!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
oh my goodness!!! that master bathroom! and the closet! Legit mudroom with laundry machines! I love it! :love

Hang in there. it's going to be worth it. :hugs

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A farmer friend of mine, who is a farrier, has a client who has to disperse of their sheep flock ASAP due to quickly deteriorating health issues. He's taking their full size sheep and offered me their little Shetland crosses.... for free.... hmm...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I figure if I'm going to try raising sheep I don't want to spend a bunch of money in case I hate it (or screw up lol) so this would be a good start. I'll keep them in quarantine for a while but he says they're healthy so... I'm not afraid of taking them on. If DH approves I probably will take them. There's like 5-6 of them, he couldn't remember... mostly ewes, and a wether I think. No ram. I don't want to breed now anyway. I have extra hay for the winter even...

DH just got home. Gotta go talk sheepies!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That sounds like a wonderful deal for you! Hope DH approves.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh - what a great deal! Hope DH agrees. It would be a good plan to start with something that doesn't cost you ANY money! Who can turn that down????