NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The laborers, well most of them, are working their tails off. They left at 7pm yesterday. The factory did a crappy job on the roof so they fixed it, which slowed them down a bit, but is totally worth it. Today they're hooking up the water, doing trim inside, and putting up the end walls. It's going to be 50 and 1-3" of rain tomorrow so they need to wrap up some outside work today!

No one has seen the electrician...

Will know more this evening about time frame. DH will make sure the electrician shows up!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Moving right along! Glad the got the roof issue straightened out....it'd be pretty crappy if you had problems - especially in the winter! Hope the electrician gets his act together and gets out there before DH gets hold of him, lol!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The electrician is there. They're doing water lines today too. Beautiful day today, 43 and sunny. DD2 is not sleeping well these days, I'm exhausted!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay for the electrician!! Yay for water too! (both are at lest semi-important, lol)

Poor DD2...hope she gets better when she gets HOME!!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We're getting our home standby generator set up! So when the power goes out I go flip one switch and tada, full house power! With how often this occurs, and DH's work schedule , this is a lifesaver!

Yes, we all need sleep . And to eat good food again , I haven't been able to cook like normal and it makes us all feel crappy.

I'm not even done Christmas shopping. Oops! Might need a babysitter this weekend! Lol

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's not that crazy here fortunately. I live in the middle of nowhere, the stores are barely less nowhere than here lol.

House is looking good! Waiting for DH to get home to tell me how the time frame is looking. We have power, we almost have water, the roof is done, we have half the trim work inside the house... we'll see!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH thinks they're on schedule, we have power (he has to come back to finish wiring the generator but that's not a necessity to move in). Septic lines are set up, water pump is set up, just need to finish attaching the water lines. Roof is done, trim work inside is almost done. Looking good!