NH Homesteader's journal

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Moving Day is coming! It won't be a moment too soon. This is a beautiful home.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Goodness, things are moving along quickly now! You guys will be in very soon :) I'm so happy for you!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm moving tomorrow

It's not totally done but they can work around us for the rest . Oh and we have no hot water, they think someone touring the place at the show lot flipped the breaker and fried the hot water heater. But he'll repair it next week, lol!

So. Much. Mud. I feel like FEM today. It's disgusting. 3" of rain I think, melted all the snow and it's just slop. Yuck.

SustainableAg

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Congrats! Hope they get the hot water problem fixed quickly. Pictures are beautiful!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The house we're staying at and the garage. Some stuff is in our old house, which is still in our driveway... so, lots of places?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And it is fast. They hurries and still a lot has to be done but it's liveable. They have to do the siding on the ends, the propane guy and electrician both have to come back, and there's a little inside work but they said we can move in as long as we are ok with living in a work zone lol. I don't care, I want to go home!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I was hoping you guys would be in before Christmas! This is wonderful! Hopefully you'll get the hot water fixed soon and everything else will be done quickly as well. They worked really fast on this so far, I must say. So happy for you guys!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wonderful....you can go back to where you're staying now for a shower! Otherwise, heat a pot of water for washups! It will just be nice to be "home" easier to live in a work zone than a "not my house zone" :lol: New digs may be a little for the kiddos to get used to but, much easier than the temp housing. At least they know it is "theirs" and look outside to see your own landscape.

Kudos to those workers -- they did come thru!!!!! :celebrate

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH is unpacking and putting random things in random places in the kitchen! Grrr! Back off my kitchen! Lol.

Due to his lack of organizational skills he is making one last run to get stuff I need for the kids to go to bed. You know, after their bedtime.... seriously. But he moved the gun safe and treadmill already, because those are important to have right away. Whatever, at least he got a friend to help so baby didn't have to spend her entire day in a car seat.