NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am not allowed to paint. DH hates painting with a passion. It'll be a while lol. But one room at a time ... DD1's room first, then living room. The rest are lower priority.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I make a huge mess, lol. No painting for me!

It's DD2's birthday! Can't believe it's been a year. DH is home until Sunday night, I don't think they're working on the house today. Yay! We're going shopping, doing some unpacking, maybe feeling like normal people for a few moments lol. I'm getting a new heated water bucket today, DH broke mine and my goats and sheep would like it replaced!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks, we're doing her mini party today. DH is working a half day, but his boss is paying him for a full day, and he hit overtime this week so he's getting paid a bunch to do very little, lol.

Yesterday we went shopping, and we found this at TSC.

20190104_143840.jpg
It's normally $100, was marked down to $39.99 And we had a gift certificate. Why not? Going to try to grow some greens this winter. Have always been curious about hydroponics

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's so cool - I'm a tiny bit jealous. I didn't see anything wonderful when I was in TSC yesterday. I may have to give hydroponics a try since it's too stinking wet to plant anything here. That's kinda ironic huh? Too wet to plant in the ground - but might be able to plant in pure liquid, lol!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was there looking for a heated water bucket. We got this instead. Then I went home and ordered a heated water bucket on Amazon . Oops!:lol:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Have always been curious about hydroponics

For anyone who is curious about hydroponics, do a quick google search for "Kratky" method hydroponics. Super easy, very little materials required.

I was there looking for a heated water bucket. We got this instead. Then I went home and ordered a heated water bucket on Amazon . Oops!:lol:

Always the way: I'll go shopping for a shirt, come home with a toilet brush.