NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's pretty cool fence. I don't remember seeing that. :hu A little pricier than the one I used but not terribly. The one I used has smaller openings at the bottom but get bigger toward the top.

Ya'll warm and toasty up there?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Warm inside yes, -2 outside! Yuck.

Patriots are going to the super bowl, woohoo!

We're getting a new snowmobile, I'm psyched. We haven't been able to go in forever. Winter is much more bearable with snowmobiles!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
An animal rescue near me just took in a Pyrenees that loves kids and other (family) dogs. He was in the yard with his owner, a stray came in the yard and he chased it off and guarded the owner. Good boy! Apparently not to them, they decided that wasn't ok behavior and surrendered him. He's 5 years old and was bonded with their young son. I'm about in tears over here ! And DH won't let me adopt him, I already asked!! People can be so awful!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh man....that sucks! And when ya'll expand your areas with new fences you're gonna NEEEEEEEEEED an LGD....:(

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like maremmas, and they're more common here than other places it seems. A little smaller. But I don't have the predator issues some people have. I've been watching to see what's out there!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been a slacker. Today when DH gets home from work we have to give Patty her CDT shot, might as well bolus her while we're at it. And I'm going to put her and the wether (who needs to be butchered like, yesterday) in the kidding stall so she can get more grain without the sheep getting more grain, because they really don't need it!

We need to butcher the other two meat pigs so we can put Stanley in with the gilt and put Charlotte in where the meat pigs are. Hoping for good weather for that soon. Tomorrow is going to be good weather but DH has to work. Sigh.

I have no idea if Charlotte is pregnant or just fat. I asked DH to stop feeding her so much because we don't need giant babies!