NH Homesteader's journal

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
New roof! I wish we had a metal roof. Lucky you. Heat lamp over a barrel is a great idea. Only if I had your kind of winters, I would be in the barrel. LOL

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol I know! We got 3" of unforecasted snow this afternoon. Ugh. Big storm coming this week maybe? Haven't seen much about it yet...

I was driving around the other day thinking that our southern contingent (FEM, baymule, all you non snow folks) would get a kick out of our back roads in winter (assuming the heat in the car was cranked lol!) This is on our drive to fiber class ...
20190114_154520.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's beautiful! And, yes I would enjoy it from the interior of a well-heated car - but I'd keep driving until I got waaaaaaay south before I'd open the door, lol!!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
That is beautiful, but it looks bloody cold too! lol

My aunt (she lives in TN) shared this on FB yesterday: https://www.foxnews.com/us/polar-vo...-to-midwest-with-life-threatening-wind-chills

I find the weather media coverage infuriating. I'm in WI. We get -20 degrees F ALMOST EVERY YEAR IN JANUARY. It's **normal**. Stop freaking out about normal, predictable seasonal weather patterns. We get -30, rarely -40. And I've seen -100 wind chill. (teens were outdoors in shorts just because...). The east coast gets heavy snowfall. Midwest gets below-zero temps. It's WINTER, what do y'all expect?! :old:hide

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Agreed, there is nothing abnormal about massive amounts of snow or -20 temps here! The fact that they name winter storms now is ridiculous...

Patty's fine. Same, nothing imminent I don't think. Boy the sheep seem much happier without the goats, I'll keep them separate in the future.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Weather gives news anchors something to talk about. None of them actually do any real reporting. They just read a prepared script that came off a computer. Flip channels, they are all saying the same thing like a bunch of parrots.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm sure it's good for the grocery and hardware stores when people panic too! Now we're supposed to get 3-7"... hardly panic -worthy. We did just get the new snowmobile though so I suppose snow is alright right now!

I need to get a round bale dropped off. Patty is the same, hope she aims for warm weather!