NH Homesteader's journal

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Ponies are awesome :love Would this be for the DD's to ride? Welsh Mountain ponies are awesome, awesome kid's ponies too and much friendlier (yeah, I got the crap kicked out of me by a Shetland pony once and got bit a few times lol)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol DH had shetlands on his horse farm as a kid and they were great. They can be bad if not handled properly, but can be lovely if they are. His mom rescued one off a meat truck and he lived to be 42 years old.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I was watching a show on TV this evening about people buying chateaus in France and relocating there and one couple had the coolest flock of sheep! I thought they were goats! I did some Googling, hoping to find them (I can't remember what they are called, sorry!) and found one pic:

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 21.34.12.png

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow they're cool looking! Those horns! They look like wild sheep, I don't know that I would want to keep sheep like that lol. There are a ridiculous number of sheep breeds in the world, fascinating really. I like to study breeds . I know a lot about goat breeds, pig breeds... But sheep, there's just too many!

DH said Charlotte does not have pronounced tear development. I might have to give up on her lol. She's lucky she's so friendly, butchering weather in the forecast!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Wow they're cool looking! Those horns! They look like wild sheep, I don't know that I would want to keep sheep like that lol. There are a ridiculous number of sheep breeds in the world, fascinating really. I like to study breeds . I know a lot about goat breeds, pig breeds... But sheep, there's just too many!
I thought of you when I saw them last night. They are so cool looking! And apparently VERY friendly. The owner said the kids ride their ram like a pony. He's so chilled with them. They sound amazing :)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow! That's crazy! Now I want some, lol!! Whatever they are, we don't have them in the states.

3-6" of snow forecasted tonight. I'm just over it. It's getting depressing. Maybe I'll start planning our mini vacation, that'll help.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh on more snow.... we're forecast for more rain. It's awful and I'm ready to move to the nearest desert!

Latest posts