NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol! Only goats get cold weather visits for lady parts checking... since they're "my" goats. And sheep too, when the time comes.

Crud, that reminds me, I need to drwprm Patty. DH will do that if I measure it for him. Good man.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH does the hoof trimming and shots. I do the milking, when there's milking to be done. We share feeding and watering duties (he does more in winter, I do more in summer), I usually collect eggs. I keep track of all paperwork, vaccinations, testing, registrations, deworming, etc. He builds fences and buildings. He butchers, I help wrap and label. It works pretty well and typically neither of us feels like the other one is doing too much or not enough. So far, so good! Lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like ya'll got it all worked out. DH used to feed some when he was in between jobs. I can teach him again! He already does the "deed" most of the time when it needs to be done. If I could get him healthy enough to do some of the physical chores - life would be awesome-er!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Why, oh why, when it's below zero, do we have pigs escape? DH woke up this morning, still mostly dark out and Stanley is in front of the barn. With Rosie. Charlotte is still in bed. So Stanley and Rosie both hopped their fences. She must be in heat. Now he's out trying to figure out what the heck to do, and hoping we don't have a fight between the girls (or we'll be finding out what AGH tastes like!) Because Charlotte is now eyeing the fence. Sheesh!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay for more piglets!! Stanley is a determined boy - kinda like Big Daddy! Won't be long and you'll have as many pigs as I do!

I absolutely love this breed. It's so muddy that when I go to feed I'll reach over the fence and tell Big Daddy to open up...he'll open his mouth and I'll drop feed in. He's never once been pushy or tried to eat my hand.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nothing like a good "roll in the hay" :D -- or SNOW, at your house!

Gosh, I sure hope Charlotte is bagging to be a mom. She needs to stay around. :cool:

Heck, I keep seeing more AGHs on CL, excellent prices. I am tempted but, trying to control myself. I don't miss them that much. It's the "farm to freezer" thing for me. :idunno

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH was using the grain scoop to lure Stanley back to the pen and apparently he got sick of that... He stole the scoop! Lol

So today we spent half the day at the doctors office, DD1 was tested for a shellfish allergy after breaking out in hives last year eating lobster. She tested negative. It was the LONGEST appointment and not her prettiest moment, panic attack and freakout over the skin scraping (that doesn't hurt). So. Much. Drama. Also DH doesnt do parking garages, big hospitals or crowds well. So I feel like I'm watching 3 kids lol. Then DH and I got new phones, and we brought him back to work. Finally, we're home, baby is napping, DD1 is reading, and I'm recovering from the drama. Lol!

Latest posts