NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bahaha yeah ok maybe you're right. Those two are not related!

There's a store (gas station/convenience store) near me that has a big sign that says "eat here and get gas ". I never understood why they kept that sign up lol!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Shearing day... and it's snowing. Booo. Better get moving, shearing is at 9 am!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh my goodness! Saw this and thought of your sheep, lol.
upload_2019-3-22_8-8-59.jpeg

Hope it goes well!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol! wow this shearer is a trip. He's like 85 and scrawny, half deaf and mumbles. I had no idea what he was saying half the time lol. But man... he is amazing! I got super compliments on my fleeces, they are multi-colored, soft and beautiful. I couldn't believe the colors under there! He said they are beautiful shetland fleeces. Then we watched him do one of the full size (corriedale) rams. So cool to watch.

So we got them home and gave them their CDT shots and they're buried in hay in their house now.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah nobody is going to come here for 2 sheep lol! DD1's fiber class teacher let us being them to her house for her shearing day. She's going to learn how to shear so she'll come here in the future and do them for us. Because she likes us and will need the practice :)

It's still snowing! the roads are awful. They can't plow the back roads because they're muddy, and it appeared they hadn't plowed the main roads either. I'm glad DH was driving. The shearer was an hour late , he had come from Boston and he said the roads were terrible the whole ride.

Oh and my fleeces are there because she said she'd show me what to do with them. Yay!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes when the weather stops I will get some. They're hiding inside and I don't blame them! They're so pretty! They have made my day, lol! And watching them wrestle their 300lb (unfriendly) ram... I'm so glad I chose itty bitty sheep!

Latest posts