NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm jealous too!

It's been raining on and off every day for the past... I don't even know, over a week anyway. We got 2" and thunderstorms the other night also. It's cool and rainy and will stay that way for the next week or so. So, all the baby poultry are in the house. Anyway I won't complain about the rain because 1- it's not snow! And 2- we had such a drought last year our well ran dry so this is good for me. Need to mow the lawn soon, actually!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh rain - but you're right - it's GOTTA be better than snow! I'm sure chickies appreciate being in!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the chick, poor thing. Glad to hear you guys are getting rain, it is better than drought any day! We had no rain for about 2 weeks, followed by a good rainfall over 2 days and we're warm, warm again. Just gorgeous out.

I just went for a walk and picked op a quarter (US$ Dollar) in the road about 2 miles out of the village. Weird!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
THAT'S IT! Roo just attacked me. For no reason. DH is not going to want to talk to me when he gets home from work!

We were playing with the goats and I looked up at the sky and said wow... I think we need to go in. Barely shut the gate behind me and downpour! Mad dash to the house! Lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That was plum stupid of that roo!

We're rainy today too...light at the moment...but s'posed to get much worse tonight.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'll give it back when you next come visit, FEM ;)

I got caught in the rain the other day… The rain was good and overdue, only problem was I was 5km from my house at the time and no shelter anywhere near lol

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I was dry by the time I got back to the village. Thankfully it didn't rain long, but it was a bit unpleasant while it lasted! We get so few thunderstorms here, but we get fierce wind when it does get stormy.

I got a buddy to walk with me now and we often head about 6km or so out and then turn back. My legs are feeling fine with that distance now, but my back gets awful stiff. A good stretch sorts that out thankfully. I'm loving the walks and days are long enough for it now! In winter we had barely time to do anything outside.