NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love my husband. But nothing on the to-do list was accomplished today. He spent nearly his entire day over-engineering and building a miniature chicken tractor for the babies to go out in during the day. Sigh. Anyway the chicks and turkeys spent the afternoon outside, I am going to finish cleaning their brooder boxes and bring them in for the night.
0517171605.jpg

It was about 85 today. Going to be 90 tomorrow. Such a shock to the system! I'm so tired, just from existing in this weather!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WOW - ya'll were hotter than US! We only topped out in the mid 80's, but it was humid. Not like it will be in July though... I need to get a whole bunch of gardening done this weekend before the heat hits.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It'll be back to the 60's by this weekend. Crazy NH weather!

DH decided he needs to move the pigs, so there's another thing on the list. And we need to set up the pen for the new buckling who comes in early to mid June.

I have like 4 broody hens. I don't even know what's going on in there right now, lol.

Turkey babies are due tomorrow-ish!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm actually really stressed out, lol. It doesn't help that DD is waging war on asleep in the middle of it all! Once she's out she sleeps all night, but lately it's rough getting her out!

We separated the Chocolate turkeys because it's the other two that went broody and today DH said hey, we could incubate some straight Chocolate eggs....:mad: let's NOT! Lol I won, no more incubating!

I'm trying to take a breather this summer but things keep piling on anyway... Sigh.

In non-farm drama... My grandfather has a doctor's appointment Monday, and that should determine if he's able to come home from Florida this summer.:fl my parents are getting ready to put their house on the market, DH is helping his mom clean up her yard so she can put her house on the market.... My nephew (7) will be coming to visit my mom at the end of June and there's major family drama there so ..

:th:barnie