NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gave both dogs baths and trimmed their nails just now. My house is soaked!! My chow mix will be wet for hours. My alano will be dry in 5 minutes, lol

Turkey hoop coop almost done. No babies yet though...

Tomorrow my grandfather has an appointment with his oncologist and afterwards will make a decision as to whether he'll be coming to NH this summer. My mom is fairly certain he will not be, but we are hoping he will. So any good wishes you can send this way would be appreciated.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You've been busy! Dog baths...ugh! I can't remember the last time I gave a dog a bath...but my dogs live outside. They 'bathe' in the pond. I'm ok with that, lol!

Sending best wishes for your granddad!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol! I give my dogs baths once every 2 months or so (except in winter, it's usually too cold!) , unless they get into something gross. They don't like it but they get over it! The psycho alano finally (at nearly 3 years old) will stand in the bath without me restraining her lol. She has gotten to be a pretty good dog. It was a long 2 1/2 years though...

Thanks, my daughter is very sad that he may not be coming home this summer. She knows he's sick but I haven't used the "C" word and she doesn't know how sick. She hasn't even noticed he's bald and wearing oxygen when we Skype with him.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Turkey hoop coop #2 is done! And no poults yet. They're overdue... But the second hen started sitting after the fact so we'll hold out for her. If they fail (which would be weird), we'll attach the hoop coops together and put the adults all back together and call it a year. Next year we'll be more concerned about what we get but this is our downsize, take it easy year!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This "friend" of my husband's (aka guy that won't go away) has decided he wants some poults. Well first he wanted hatching eggs but my hens started sitting and I wasn't about to steal eggs for his sake. Now he wants poults. And I am pretty sure he doesn't want to pay for them. Why does everyone seem to think our farm products should be given to them? Does anyone else have this issue? These poults are worth $10-15 at a day old. I feed the adults all year long, why should I give away the poults for free? Really? Someone else wanted me to give them Dominique chicks. Ughhh