North or South?

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just wondering those of you in USA are you north or south USA?

If so do you all get snow in Winter and have hot Summers? If so how hot?

I love american shows I have to say the Law and Order serious and Without a Trace were my favoritie shows! Although Without a Trace is gone now :(.

Aussies make crappy TV shows TBH.

Anyhoo, looking forwards to hearing about the climate at your place!

I could just look you all up in the atlas, but that would take yonks!!

I always wanted to visit New Orleans but I think that's gone now :(.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I'm in North West Washington...probably the most north west spot in America before you get to Canada. Alaska is above (north) us but seperated by a bit of Canada.

We have mild winters (near the pacific ocean) and mild summers. Gardens are very happy here and so am I!!

New Orleans is still kicking. It is still battered and needs more folks helping it build back up, but it is ALIVE. Mississippi on the other hand has some cities that are just gone...wiped off the face of the map gone. Little islands vanished off the Mississippi gulf coast. Hurricane Katrina was a mean beast.

(I was from Houston, TX but the hurricanes drove me waaaay up here!)

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well I'm in North West USA. It's green and a bit rainy here. Well, usually. We're having a rare dry spell, and have gone 27 days without rain. We only get a little snow, usually. Last winter again was an exception as we had more than a foot of snow. Last winter and so far this year are pretty strange. I think quite a few on this site are from the NorthWest. I'm a little more north than BBH. If you miss an exit on the highway, you're in Canada.

usa-map.gif

I've posted this pictures before, but hey, here they are anyway, hope you enjoy.

100_1561-1.jpg

This is the view from my parent's property where I grew up. It is Puget Sound you can see.

100_2078.jpg

But lets be honest. This is where I live, and this is what it looks like a lot (most) of the time.

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Nice picture! I'm loving hearing all about your lives over there, I'm loving my new found otherside of the world, often sleeping when I am awake friends! :D

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I live at the black arrow on Henny's map;
854_usa-map.gif

This winter we had -50F for about a week, and in the summer around mid July to August it can get up to 110F, so we get all extremes where I live. It gets even colder up north more but theres usually enough trees that it isn't windy at all so its not too bad. Where I live its usually pretty windy, in the winter it goes right through a person.

We usually get a couple feet of snow, but with the wind we often get snow drifts over 10 feet tall, which are no fun to get through. Summers can get pretty dry, but so far nothing too horrible.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
How do you guys make that map work? You young-ens!! :old So clever!

I live near hennypenny9, if that helps with a visual. We are both suffering in a drought of sorts, but probably not like what you get in Australia.

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think what Amos did was right-click the pic and save it, then upload it to photobucket (as you would with any picture) and click "edit" then click "decorate." You can either click "draw", or click "add sticker." I found an arrow shaped image. I clearly have too much spare time on my hands.:lol:

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Yeah.. I should have asked your permission Henny.. Sorry! I figured you probably found it on the net though.
I actually right clicked and saved, then opened Paint program, drew the arrow, saved it, then clicked on 'uploads' on this site, uploaded it and added it. Might be a cool idea if everyone wanted to do that so we could see where we all live all at once.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
OK, you are giving me a headache! :rolleyes:

If you go look at the map, there will be no arrow for me, because I have no clue how to do it, even with instructions! So look at the upper part of the east coast, and you will see a little hook....that is the Cape Cod penninsula, and is part of Massachusetts. I live in the south-western part of the state, within walking distance of Connecticut.

We get cold, snowy winters here in New England (Law and Order is set in New York City, a couple hours' drive west of me....I went to Manhatten the first time when I was a volunteer massage therapist, working on the rescue workers....including one Rottweiler!) and the summers get hot and humid, but we have some fine weather in between and have to get the gardens in QUICK to get a crop by the fall frosts.