North or South?

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I didn't make as good a mark :rolleyes: but if you look in PA, there is a small arrow in the southern part of the state. That's us. I opened it in paint like Amos did, just didn't make a very good arrow.
Our summer highs are in the upper 80's to low 90's. Winter lows can get below 0 but not often. On average 36" of rain a year. I think we're a little ahead of that this year. 13 of the last 19 days have given us rain. Winter snow averages about 20". Although about every 6-7 yrs we do get pounded. In 1996 we got over 90" which is almost unheard of here.

335_854_usa-map1.jpg

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
okay that is way to technical for me but I am north of unclejoe's arrow in North eastern PA so pretty much his weather description will work for me too

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Is 1/2 of America missing on that map? I can't find NY. What does PA stand for?

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
367295093.jpg

I am located in North Central Ohio. I put a small arrow on the map to give you an idea. We get enough snow to ski, from about December to March early April. :D Summers get into the 90's during the day but cools down nicely in the evenings.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Oh, you bunch of techies. LOL

I am in mid-eastern Tennessee. If you look at their map, I'm very close to the last "s" in "Tennessee".

We have four distinct seasons. And, sometimes they can come within a 24 hour period. Like 80 one day, then snow the next. :p

It's a beautiful part of the country with mountains, hills and valleys.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Lovechooks said:
PA stands for Pennsylvania. It's under New York, which is right to the right of Massachusetts, if you look at my horrid arrow at the right and follow west you'll find it. Then look down to unclejoe's little arrow.

I live on the south shore of Massachusetts, 26 miles south of Boston. We get lots of snow but can also get none, everyone else will get snow and we'll get rain, the ocean really affects our weather. It gets very hot and humid during the summer, sometimes unbearably so, but it only last for a few weeks at most, not all year round, thank goodness. I can take the cold, but I hate heat and humidity!

367295093.jpg

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I am just out side of the Jackson MS area. (Red Arrrow).

854_usa-map.gif

We have pretty mild winters that don't usually start until December with the occasional light snow which shuts our world down in March or April. Nobody knows how to drive in snow. Even when its not sticking. Its almost like a holiday. To far inland to get hurricanes but we always feel the effects of them with power outages and spin off tornados. Summers are hot and humid. Sometimes the humidity is so high you feel like you are trying to breath pea soup. We have so far this spring/summer been through rain that lasted almost a solid month, no rain for a month, solid rain for 3 weeks and now we are into no rain so far for almost 3 weeks and none in site.
While our winter temps are mild (rarely below freezing) our summer temps are usually well up in the higher 90's to lower 100's with heat indexes several degrees higher due to the humidity. We don't really have seasons like those lucky folks in Tennessee. We kind of go from blazing hot to wet and cold overnight back to blazing hot.

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lovechooks said:
Pa = Pennsylvania. It's the pink rectangle above Washington DC hear the east coast. NY is the green one above PA.
Sorry, I didn't consider the fact that you may not be familiar with the US map. :rolleyes: I guess in our arrogance, we Americans just think everyone should know everything about us. Please accept my apologies on behalf of us all. :)

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
2dream said:
I am just out side of the Jackson MS area. (Red Arrrow).

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg208/dunwasted/854_usa-map.gif
And I am about an hour & 1/2 north of 2Dream, so what she said :D
My DS, 10yo has seen snow twice in his life, DD, 7 has seen it once. Of course, it was only a couple of inches, and not much of it stuck.

The upside to that is that even when its cold & miserable out, there is a lot of green all around. Mississippi is a very beautiful place.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
The only states missing on that map are Alaska which is located above Washington state North West side of Canada. And Hawaii which is in the pasific ocean, a bit south west of California.

That map is too small for my feeble eyes too. But New York is in the north eastern side of the states where the states are quite small, those tiny states are what we call "New England".

This is fun!