North or South?

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
I am located at the green arrow in north Arkansas. We get a couple of snows during the winter, usually only a few inches or less. We have gotten two snow falls of 6 - 8 inches in the last ten years.

Summers are warm, with usually about 7 - 14 days of 100 degrees or better. Most summer days are in the 90's. We are predicted to be in the mid 90's today, for the first time this summer.

I am originally from the New Orleans area. The French Quarter and downtown areas of the city is still alive and is very much the same as before the storm. The suburbs and surrounding communities will never be the same. Too bad, as they were very unique areas.

Map.jpg

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
usa-map.gif

Stealing the map....I am at the lowest tip of California, in San Diego. (sorry I am not clever enough to create an arrow!

We have a very dry and moderate climate. Snow up in the mountains but not where I am :) Our yearly average temps swing from about the mid 40s-65 in the winter and 60-85 in the summer....late summer/early fall we spend most of our days up in the 90s and have about 2 weeks all together of pushing 100

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I am from NE Ohio. About where the 'r' in Pittsburgh is on the map.
We can get up to two feet of snow in the winter. We usually do not have to many days below zero. Then It can get it in the high 90F's by the end of summer. We have all four seasons here. Where I live it tends to be very cloudy nearly all year long.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I was feeling a little technical..
I tried to add everyone that posted on the map (I haven't any idea where to add you for sure Nightshade), hopefully I didn't get anything wrong. I had to redo a couple arrows though.

854_map.jpg

Oh, LoveChooks, heres maybe a better map to look at, it only has the states, not all the cities so its maybe a bit easier to find stuff.
http://moscow.usembassy.gov/states_and_territories.html

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Way to go Amos. You are now our official map keeper. LOL

Its really fun to see this

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
946_854_map.jpg

I couldn't figure out the darned word print part to label my arrow but that's me in Colorado (just to the left of the very center of the US.

Here we get a blend of both worlds. In summer, we get weather extending into the 90's and rarely 100's. In winter, we get snow on the ground and normally it's only as low as the upper 20's/lower 30's overnight. It is very dry here even with all the snow, or should I say expecially when it snows, as you NEED lotions and moisturizers in winter and year-round. I love living here as it is truly beautiful here the way the mountains (Rockies) meet the plains.

Blue Skys

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I live near the R in 2dream's name (Texas). It is warm most of the time - 90's in the summer (some days in the 100's - maybe a couple weeks out of the year). The winters are pretty short, not short enough for me - and we get some freezing weather - two days this past winter it was freezing (and raining so that made for a fun trip to work :rolleyes: ). Spring time is storm season, summer is dry and hot, fall is pleasant and winters are short.

I was born and raised at the eastern most point of Virginia (yellow), where it touches North Carolina (pink) (look under uncle joes name I lived 1/4 mile away from North Carolina). The weather is hot and humid in the summer - cold and wet in the winter, but spring and fall are just perfect. I miss the ocean!!

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Whoohoo, go Amos! I thought about doing that, but I didn't get there.

In case anyone's interested, National Geographic did an article on the town I live in, Bellingham! They mention it as a small town, which I disagree with. 75,750 is a lot of people to me! Here it is. http://traveler.nationalgeographic.com/2009/07/long-weekends/washington-text They also mention that it would make sense to stay in B-ham during the Vancouver 2010 winter Olympics, with is the dumbest thing I ever heard. They estimate it would take an hour to drive from B-ham to Vancouver. HA. Border waits ALONE are sometimes longer than an hour, and that's just a regular weekend, not the Olympics. Straight driving, no border waits or traffic and it still takes 45 mintues to get to Vancouver BC.

*cough* Anyway, it's still fun to see my town written about!