North or South?

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Amos said:
It looks good Joe! Want to be our new mapkeeper?
No Thanks. There are times that I won't be on the computer for a week or 2, then I'd have everyone screaming " How come I'm not on the map yet". But thanks for the offer. :)

Home Maker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm in Alabama (not south Alabama) and we got damage from Katrina even up here, as well as Ike. I've been to New Orleans -- don't ever want to go back.

Where I live it was 101 when I pulled out of the parking garage today . The heat and humidity is at that can't-avoid-sweating-when- outdoors-more-than-ten-seconds stage, similar to a sauna.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I forgot to say aobut the weather. Average temps for this time of year are around 26 C, summers can get in the 30's (celcius)in winter it's usually around-10 to -20 C.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
what is the conversion for F to C

just wondering...never quite got it..LOL

I go by F here in NC

what would it be in C

Say 90 F would be what to you? Just wondering..LOL...without having to google to look it up...LOL

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
26C is about 78-79F, Karen. Do you use Firefox? There's a great add on called Converter that'll convert anything on a web page for you with a right click. I don't speak metric or Celsius myself, so it's a handy little tool.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
what is the conversion for F to C

just wondering...never quite got it..LOL

I go by F here in NC

what would it be in C

Say 90 F would be what to you? Just wondering..LOL...without having to google to look it up...LOL
And I don't speak Fahrenhiet very well. I'm ok with temps above freezing--I just double the celcius and add 30--so 30 x2=60+30=90, so 30C would be 90 F.

Where is get mixed up is temps below freezing. O C is 32 fahrenheit.

karanleaf

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I live at the very North Central part of Missouri my home is 6 miles south of the Iowa state line. We get the windy wet springs (way too wet this spring), Hot Hot humid summers, semi windy mild falls, fridgid freezing winters, this last winter we had temps that were in the -20s wind chill brrrr. Today it is already 90 out there the heat is on now :th I looked at the Google Map :caf Cool nice job :thumbsup But how do ya tell who is who on the markers? since they are all the same? Can ya change the colors? or put Intl on them? I don't know how to do it, :idunno but just asking questions!!
Nice to see where folks are located :clap

:frow Karan :D

karanleaf

Power Conserver
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
Karan, just click on the marker and the name will pop up.
:th duhhh :caf :gig :gig just shows ya how often I have ever used those maps :hide

Cool :thumbsup Thanks

:frow Karan :D

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
For ease of location post me living in Kansas City, Missouri. We are basically in the Metro Area. :D