Northed - Not so far north

Northed

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm hungry today. Looking forward to April. Just got my bank statement in the mail. Have $7 in account.

Northed

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Oh look, things are going 90% well today, highest it's been in a while. My dealings with the stock market have decidedly improved. Perhaps I was exaggerating last time.

Hmm, today I was having an interesting conversation. Something just came out of my mouth that sounded a bit too detached from my usual personality.

"You know," I said, in response to a conversation about Brave new world, "Perhaps people are happier trying to become happy than they are when they're happy."
Laura says, "They just don't realise it!"

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
:yuckyuck But there probably is some psychology to that....

That is part of why clicker training works with animals - it is the anticipation of the reward that keeps them coming back for more. Anticipating rewards is its own reward!

Northed

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It is, have you ever heard the quote "It's better to travel hopefully than to arrive"? That one just flew out of my mouth before I even realised I knew it too. :p

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Northed said:
It is, have you ever heard the quote "It's better to travel hopefully than to arrive"? That one just flew out of my mouth before I even realised I knew it too. :p
Where is that from? Sounds like Thoreau but maybe someone in that era?

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Hi Northed! Welcome to the journaling club!

snapshot said:
Northed said:
Where is that from? Sounds like Thoreau but maybe someone in that era?
A great quote! Nice ear Snap, but it's a little later... Robert Louis Stevenson, a fellow lover of all things Samoan. The full quote is To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive, and the true success is to labor. He loved to travel.

Northed

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wow, you're obviously very knowledgable about such things. :D I agree with the fella.
Me, I only just read this quote from a dictionary of proverbs, an little yellowing book I found in the corner of my bookcase.

And thanks for the welcome. :frow

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beware of CheerioLounge and don't read his journal...you'll gain 20 pounds just reading about all of the goodies he spends time baking! :gig

Northed

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ooh, now you're making me curious. I'll have to drop in sometime and feast my eyes. :p

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
His title is Desert Dreamer, but I swear it SHOULD be Dessert Dreamer! He's always baking something.