Not Happy with SS?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH wants vacations, but I dont really enjoy them. What do we do? Drive somewhere beautiful, enjoy nature, do nothing for a couple hours per day. I can do that a little bit every day from home. DH needs to get away to be able to relax, but vacations are very stressful for me (physically) and tend to make me sick.

Sheep are easy keepers for vacation in summer. Our pasture is ample. We have someone check water troughs every few days. Same for my chickens, just make sure the water doesnt get knocked over or some freak accident like that.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’m having the time of my life. I love all of it. Mud, poop, dirt, sunshine, heat, cold, rain, no rain. And right now, one of our rare snows, unmarried by city traffic and noise. I love having the animals and a big garden. We get lots of exercise and eat good. We are healthy and happy. What’s not to like?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
. having a homestead and skills is better than money in the bank.
Amen! Especially if you use those skills. Food is pretty essential....you have certainly learned and used. Feels good doesn't it? :love no one can take those skills from you.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Amen! Especially if you use those skills. Food is pretty essential....you have certainly learned and used. Feels good doesn't it? :love no one can take those skills from you.

another part too is being a willing teacher to others if they'd like to learn. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
another part too is being a willing teacher to others if they'd like to learn. :)
I enjoy this part too. There's so much still to learn, but so much to pass on also. I am working on developing curriculum for 4-H Houseplant Project and 4-H Dog Project. When I get those set, my next plan is 4-H Food Preservation Project. DS14 has already canned and dehydrated a few entries for 2022 fair.