Nuclear Reactor Meltdown has Occured

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I had 6 x-rays on my knee over the last week.

I am toast right? :lol: :lol:

:lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
any accident from oil spill in the ocean, nuclear in earthquake, floods in every country....etc.....when it happens, the ramifications of "what if" etc. come up....it will never change lol

Rhettsgreygal

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
If theres a silver lining in the suffering of Japan, it's the fact that it has Americans thinking twice about going the way of nuke power..! We have the ability to reduce the cost of solar and wind power, isn't it about time..?
I agreewith KOxxx, we need to pray for and help the people of Japan as much as we can. Personally, as an American, i'm not proud that we were the country to drop the bomb on Japan.I don't question the decision of the Pres. at the time, its just a terrible thing.What does my remark have to do with whats happening now, and what happened then..? Nukes are very dangerous, in peace or war.I hate being dependent on big oil,but i dislike nukes even more...There is no oil shortage at the moment, but gas is headed for $5.00 a gal. sooner than you think, only because of greed and speculation, its really sickening.
Why can't the world get it together, and embrace SAFE solar/wind power.? Why do we let big oil get away with this and then believe nukes will solve our oil dependance problem.? Both Dems and Repub. are to blame in America, it will never change until the people rise up, even thats not a given. just look at the whole middle-east scene and whats playing out for unions in Wis. Then you have Russia's Putin saying today in the news, Russia will go full ahead with its plans for more nuke power.
The world is spinning very fast, Japan moved 8ft in it's latest quake.. It's probabley a good time to be on good terms with your maker, whomever you decide that to be. I'm not saying the end is here or near, but i for one don't embrace nuclear power..! What can Americans do, to have clean, safe energy..? When will we learn and fight back..? We know wind and sun is free and clean. What are we going to leave the children of tomorrow...? Have we lost our will to fight for what America was built on..? We left England and formed New England, had the Boston Tea Party, The Civil War. For better or worse, change is in the air , big time.
What a nightmare seeing the nuke meltdowns in Japan, those poor people.Its clear to me, nukes are not the answer.They make beautiful terror targets, targets of nature as we are seeing, their has to be a better way..My rant is over...

Collector

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I think nuke power is one of the safest forms of power we could have.
Even if the core of those reactors melt down they would still be contained in the third layer of containment. It really is impossible for there to be a disaster like chernoble. It not like there would be a mushroom cloud or anything like that, it is low-grade nuke material not weapon grade. Think how well the reactors performed, they withstood a cat 9 quake and did what they were designed to do, the problem was the tsunami water came and shut the diesel generators down that were running the cooling systems.
Look at the environmental impact of wind power 10s of thousands of birds are being killed every year from the wind generators, thousands more than were lost in the Valdez spill. Not to mention the noise they make if you live near one. Plus ice shear that is massive ice build ups on the propellers that can break Lois at anygiven time and crush anything that it lands on. Also if they put up enough of them to even cover 30% of our power supply the cost would be in the trillions of dollars, it is not realistic in my estimation. Just my two sense!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Why can't the world get it together, and embrace SAFE solar/wind power.?
Because wind and solar cannot possibly begin to provide enough energy at its current technological level.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
As I sit here and listen to NHK WORLD because I don't have a TV, I am hearing talk of problems at reactors 4,5 & 6. Where did 5 & 6 come from? Am I the only one who thought there were only 4 reactors?

It also seems like the Japanese Government is doing some serious filtering of what is released to the rest of the world.

Am I concerned? Very much so. This will impact so much. I fear that some are not looking at all the aspects of impact.

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Collector...If the radiation now leaking in Japan crippled nuke plants is so low level, why is the Govt. telling people to seal themselves in there houses on this mornings news..?
I'm reading the radiation levels are more than 100 times whats called safe.Tens of thousands of people are sealing themselves in their homes.The tsunami certainly added to the complete mess, but no one will convince me nuke power is one of the safest out there..

Collector

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I hear they are doing it as a precaution, being extra careful which is the wise thing to do. It is just my opinion, plus I went on MIT website and read an article written a day or so ago by a nuclear physicist . I will go back and get the link. Why is our media so focused on the nuke plant anyhow. Mother nature may have just snuffed 5-10 thousand lives. And they are worried about something that may not happen. JMO. Only