Odd one out urban farm- $25,000 fine for having animals in my yard!

Augustmomx2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:welcome I love reading everyone else's adventures in urban farming :) I have 3/4 of an acre in a suburban/urban area myself. Can't wait to read more!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
:welcome
We are technically county, but we are physically located within city limits. Weird, but it allows us to keep kritters our neighbors across the street can't have :rolleyes:

I've done the total urban survival thing and am now more countryfied. I spent my adolescence way in the country and loved it.

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures in self sufficiency.

dntd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
New bunny :bun She will be apart of my breeding stock so we don't have imbred babies. She's a lion head of some sort way too big, she's bigger then my 4 1/2 month old newzealands and almost as big ans my male newzealand, she also wieghs a ton!

DSCF3022-1.jpg

Due to a the nature of my rooster he now resides in my shower until spring, attacking me is a huge no no, Even if he was protecting his girls!

dntd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have had it! I have waited 5 months for the rats to stop eating the babies, I have raised rats for 3 years under the same conditions and never had an issue, even upped the protine buy giving them rabbit bones! So on thursday which is our garbage day I will kill off my rat colony leaving 3 young weanlings and 3 of my pet rats. I really hate to do this but as they stink, eat food and are not productive enough to feed my 3 snakes they have to go. I won't say I'll cry,they bite( caused my while hand to swell) and they constantly run from me! Good times :rolleyes:

dntd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This spring I have decided to become addicted to seeds:) I have bought so many types, my newly bought ones from ebay are: korean licorice mint, atomic red carrots, strawbarry corn,creeping thyme,and wonder beans. I have a feeling no area will be without something growing on it. We are doing raise gardens both in the front and back yard, the front will have fragrant herbs like lavender, mint, thyme, fancy edible flowers/lettice. Containers on the patio, hanging from our ramp and soom to be built shed. Even the chicken run will have sprouts thrown in for them to eat:) Oh spring why can't you hurry up!