Odd one out urban farm- $25,000 fine for having animals in my yard!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
It is getting hard to move around my house because of all the flats of starter plants. COME ON SPRING!

:p

dntd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It has to be spring! It wasn't even in the -'s at night the last few nights:)

Today I'm working on the raised garden beds going to do 3 boxes for assorted veggies a boc for peas and beans, a box for tomatos, and making a raised garden walkway in the front yard for lavender and edible flowers and a box in the front yard for fancy edible landscaping. so much to do, but I must get it done by May 24!

dntd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Today I picked up a puppy,it's a shepard/husky/lab like all those who enjoy renaming a mixed breed , he's a shab;) He's 8 weeks old and has worms yuck.... I knew he needed deworming but he's full of them! Makes me want to throw up so right now pup is in the crate until we can see the vet. Tiny little guy,hopefully after the worming he's get bigger.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I have a Shepherd/Husky mix named Cassiopeia. She is a good dog. Very protective and obedient.
Cassiopeia2.JPG

I bet a little Lab in the mix would make the dog even more mannerly! All of our dogs were rescues too. It is amazing how wormy a pup can be and live to tell the tale. One of my dogs cost me $150.00 in vet bills when we first got him.

dntd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Cute pup:) Some pics of the pup he has the nose of a husky for sure:)
DSCF3030-1.jpg

DSCF3035-1.jpg
DSCF3027-1.jpg

dntd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
He wasn't the cutest out of the bunch but he had the right attitude:) He's going to have some jobs to do in the future, as my dh is in a wheelchair we hope to train him to pull ropes to open doors and maybe even pull a laundry basket;) If it doesn't work out we will still have a nice family dog.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I hope you have better luck training him to do household chores than I did :p
A few years ago, I started working with Artie (my genius dog) to teach her to carry things, to put her toys away, and to carry a laundry basket.

Then I came home from class one day and she had put every item in the house which was not nailed down into the trash can.
/sigh

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Cute pup!!

I always hate dealing with puppy worms. Makes me sick, too.