Oh no - SNOOOOOOWWW!!!!

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This is SO not fun - we have 10 1/2 inches of snow here...in NORTH CAROLINA...in the SOUTH...nowhere near the mountains, might I add!! :barnie It started spitting when we were leaving the in-laws last night about 10:30, luckily only 2 blocks down the street from us. When we woke up, 6" of the horrible white stuff everywhere (thank God we had nowhere to go). DH shoveled for about an hour (with a squared off spade, because of course we don't own a snow shovel or ice scraper)...I went out & shoveled the next 4" (which is when I took the opportunity of sticking a ruler into the snow on the patio table)...

The dogs are having none of it; I push them outside, the little one pees ON the door, then waits to be let back in...The bigger dog comes in with snow clumps all over her, stuck to her long fur...giving me this looks like "WTF??"

BIL called a few hours ago, wondering if DH was going to the store :)lau), since he has a 4WD truck, because he (BIL) is OUT OF BIRDSEED...needless to say, I told him, um, NO.

I moved here from VT to get away from this cr*p!!! :he

(Okay, thanks for letting me vent...)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OMG you got 10 1/2

yea I heard it was hitting the Raleigh area hard

that is just awful

we got 5 inches here and it sucks big time
I despise the snow---and I was originally from the North---yuck yuck

but now I love the Southern weather....yea so where is it?????

I gotta move more South---told hubby when we retire we are going anywhere they never get snow haha

hang tight up there and hope you stay warm......I know it stinks big time but good thing about our southern snow,,,,it never lasts long thank goodness! :)

you moved from VT----I move from PA to get away from it also! :he

worst thing too is up north when ya lived there you were prepared for i in a way---heck Nicole has 2 pairs of gloves and I have to dry them over and over-----up north I had 20 pairs of gloves to choose when they got wet :ya

take this snow and :smack

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah I am getting a healthy dose of this crap too. We onlt have an inch and rising at the moment but I'm sure there is more to come :(

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
They were only calling for flurries, or snow showers here. All week long, that's what they were saying. Yesterday, they changed the forecast! Now they're calling for 6-12" of the white crap. There's no way I can drive back to my tack shed w/that much snow and I only had enough feed for Misty to last until Wednesday. :th So, as soon as church was done, I ran to the feed store, got 2 bags of feed and went to the farm. While there's not a whole lot of snow out there yet, it's coming down pretty steadily, and the roads around here get bad quick. I didn't go over 35 mph coming home, and was STILL sliding in places. But, my hubby doesn't think I need 4 wheel drive. :smack

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
We could get 20 inches in this storm! Yikes! We are ready, though! Boy, that feels good....wood, check. Shovels, check. Lotsa food, check. Lotsa hay, check. Some candles, check. Fun projects, check, check, check!

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
For once we are just getting a few flurries. It is nice not to be on the big snow end. Good luck to all of you who will be getting a lot of snow.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
OK, I don't know where they got this forecast from but the Vikings/Eagles game for tonight has been postpone until Tuesday because Philly could get up to 20" of snow! I'm south and east of the city, and we're supposed to get hit harder than Philly. I haven't recovered from last winter yet! :th

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Only 10 inches?? Pffffft. Embrace the snow!!

We just got back in from skiing. Snow Trails has a 36" plus base already this year.
smil4cd4502920e6a.gif

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
freemotion said:
We could get 20 inches in this storm! Yikes! We are ready, though! Boy, that feels good....wood, check. Shovels, check. Lotsa food, check. Lotsa hay, check. Some candles, check. Fun projects, check, check, check!
wow I hope you get way less than 20 inches good gravy

you northerners have to brace yourselves. you sure get hit enough times. lucky for us down here the snows are few and far between, which is great. up north, ya'll get nailed over and over again.