Oh no - SNOOOOOOWWW!!!!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Sorry all you folks up the coast are dealing with the snow this weekend, we've had our fair share of the white stuff.

I do take perverse pleasure in listening to my FIL grip long-distance from Raleigh, NC. Didn't want to stay with us this winter "because only fools stay where it snows".... :plbb to him!!!

Be safe, friends.

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You'll have to go WAAAAY south - it snowed here!!!! (Didn't stick though :( )

And I have friends in FL complaining about "frozen precipitation" and how they're not supposed to get any of that :lol:

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
10"? :rolleyes:
I think you will survive just fine ;)
Well, you know that 10" of snow is a whole 'nother experience in the South than it is up North...:/
;) Yours will be melted months before ours is.

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When it snowed a couple of inches here in February we parked well off the road to let my nephews and dog play in the snow. A couple of state troopers came and asked us to go somewhere with a parking lot as there were some 32 accidents on the 10 mile stretch of road from town to home.
I understand folks who measure snow by "several inches" or even feet" giggle at those of us who measure it by millimeters.... but keep in mind our natives have never driven on icy roads, our homes are not built for snow and lots of people dont' have heat (of any kind). The heaviest jacket I own is a windbreaker. Ours is one of the poorest counties in Florida with a huge homeless population. So yeah, a couple of inches is a very big deal to someone who has seen snow accumulate 3x in 38yrs. ;)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Well, until the snow plow comes along, I'm not going anywhere. I don't know how many inches of the white snot we got, but since my hubby didn't think I needed 4 wheel drive, I'm not moving until the roads get a bit cleared! My hubby isn't going to work, so he's talking about driving me both to the farm and to work today. Don't really like that idea. I don't have a clue as to what he'd do while I was working. It's not like it's near a mall where he can go and hang out. And, I can't imagine him spending that much time in TSC.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
alot of your tax money goes to maintaining roads etc in snow

NC we don't spend alot on snow plows and slag trucks

we sure don't have alot of them at all....in PA a snow plow truck was on every other road, down here you wait a long time to see a snow plow lol

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
abifae said:
*beams* I work from home. I can love every aspect of snow ;)
Me to Abi! Only thing is, The Wife gets angry if'n I go skiing without her........something about all those snow bunnies that hang out in the ski lodge. :idunno :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Are those ski bunnies bothering you SKR?

give them this to keep them off ya! :smack :smack

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Any other blizzard I can handle. I can't risk the powwer outage. Just put 12 of Wifezilla's duck eggs in the incubator. :barnie

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Are those ski bunnies bothering you SKR?

give them this to keep them off ya! :smack :smack
Me thinks The Wife is worried about ME bothering THEM! :gig

I dunno why she is worried though.....it's been so long, that I forgot what ya do with'm after ya catch'm! :lol: :lol: