oh oh- maybe being going TVless against my will

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You won't miss TV at all. When you go without, and then watch it again later, you realize that TV is the stupidest thing ever. It makes me insane to see it.

eggzettra

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I am going to be depending on Blockbuster online & the library to watch my shows....all the good ones are better commercial free on DVD anyway.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
There was a good article about this in our local newspaper. Apparently a lot of people living in the area where I live are having problems. The antannas are not working, the digital TVs are not working, and the only option is to buy cable. This is because the digital signals are directional, not waves like the analog. So if there are hills between you and the signal output, the signal cannot pass through the hills (whereas the old wave signals could carry along over them just fine).

Looks like we are going cold turkey here too, and I'm not too concerned. It will be kind of like the old days at our house, we'll be gathering around the radio to hear programs or important news. Ha Ha Ha

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You'll be surprised at how much lower your stress will be! No stressful news shows and then talk shows about the news events, etc. No nighttime drama or canned comedy..... it will be great, you'll see! :)

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
You're right Bee . . . I'm just wondering how my husband is going to take it. :p

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
You're right Bee . . . I'm just wondering how my husband is going to take it. :p
Oh lucky you...you better get some TV fast cause you know what's coming eh??? YOU my dear girl are about to become your husbands only form of entertainment...oh boy...does he have a hunt camp by any chance??? RFLOL! :plbb :gig

I know I would be getting my DH whatever it takes...or I would be tired every morning Haha!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Well, MorelCabin, as nice as that sounds, I suspect he's perfectly capable of entertaining himself. :p

It will be interesting to see what he decides to fill his time with. In the summer we usually both work until dark, but not so in the winter . . . though he may decide to just go out and work in the barn.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Do you guys have snow there? Maybe he'll take on snowmobiling:>) I know the boys here sure do love it. My DH is a huge TV watcher though...he actually got complete insomnia when our dish went down for a week...yup, that's an addiction isn't it. Myself, I can't stand TV...never watch it. I am so sensitive to it now that when I do happen to venture down there to see what everyone is doing I end up giving them all crap for watching such garbage and filling thier minds with all that negativity. It really is negative and when you aren't used to it, it almost hurts to watch...and it hurts even more to know your DH watches all that crap with your teenagers...UGHH

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I agree with everything you said Morel. I personally prefer to read a book of my choosing (as opposed to being spoonfed whatever is on the tube).

I don't think my husband has picked up a book in years. It is kind of sad to see, since I think he's missing out on information that he would actually enjoy (some of which I end up telling him, some I just let go).

We rarely get snow on the ground long enough to play in. We got some great snow in December and we both wanted to do some cross country skiing around our neighborhood, but he had to work.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
My husband's not much of a reader, either, but he will read magazines. So, we get National Geographic, Mother Earth News (ok, he doesn't read that one) and some other naturalist magazines. Those, he will read :)