oh oh- maybe being going TVless against my will

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:
No- come the switch in Feb, it's no TV for me- its due I think to being on the other side of the ridge from the transmitters. And living in the redwoods, a tower for me would not fe feasible.
Right now I'm waiting for the last two stations to switch and then see how it goes but I'm not hopeful.
that stinks cause you should be able to at least pull up weather emergencies etc......feel for ya!!! always a mess isn't it? nothing is every stinking easy...LOL

at least you have a radio for weather and other emergencies.

Do you have a DVD player or old VCR....at least you can rent a movie every now and then and watch on the old tv...LOL...give you some entertainment is needed.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
You know what the real ugliness is, now that I have been thinking of it. I use TV to turn off my brain. Sit in front of it, usually with a book in my lap for the real boring parts and a snack and turn into a vegetable for an hour or two. An adult pacifier. Not a pretty picture.
How can it be a good thing to stop thinking? Do I only have so much "brain power" and can't keep going through a whole day?

Oh wait- I just thought of a better interpretation. I am such a thinking machine that I would burn up if I couldn't find a way to throttle down. Yeah that's it- just too smart for my own good. Ok I can live with that. Just too dang smart............. :lol: :pop

StoneBridge Farm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We stopped our satelite service about 2 months ago. We don't miss it. But.. there are a few shows like PSYCH that I love!!! So anyway, since you have internet.. you should check out hulu.com. It is perfectly legal and we just download the shows we want to watch... right now we burn them to dvd... but when we get an updated part for my father in laws computer we inhereted... we can watch it in real time on our tv with a simple adapter. Very cool...you should check it out! :old