oh oh- maybe being going TVless against my will

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
we are staring at the same thing. I guess it is good we really don't watch a lot of TV at home. Usually that is more of a thing of friends and families houses, and even there I preferre tp watch something that teaches me something. Even our five year old does not watch TV or Cartoons. We always seem to have so much going on at home that the only thing we watch is the local and world news. Which lately is a must with the weather and it is the primary way to find out if the kids have school or not.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I'm going to miss it though- I love to see the dog shows and competions- I will not get sunami warnings (not a real big issue at 1500 ft :D,) or storm warnings. I enjoyed the dance show So you think you can dance for the first two seasons. Ask this old house.
But it should give me more time..................
I will survive. And you are right about not getting the endless harping on bad news or the ridiculous notion that having two people sitting there from opposite view points giving their opinions is for balanced reporting. It is neither reporting or balance. It is most certainly hearing two people who are sure to be wrong accuse the other of being wrong.
Imagine, never hearing about how its all the other parties fault when they can't accomplish anything.

shareneh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You could watch on the internet if you have time. I lost cbs and watch the newest episodes on the cbs website.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
HEY Enjoy the Ride!

Did you ever get this straightened out? Do you get any decent channels?

just wondering????

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I won't live without tv.
I definitely enjoy it when I hit a good program.

but Tony and I were driving and chatting about prices on stupid tv. I told him if I could get a REAL antennae, one that truly worked and pulled in good local channels I would cancel Directv but I don't know if they money for a good idea will work ya know..LOL....I remember all the problems with rabbit ears in my way younger years..LOL

drives me nuts these prices for tv. so slowly thinking of what to do to get out from under the directv billing and just get free tv again on the airwaves. I need to research good anteanneas.....and how to spell antennaes..LOL

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I won't live without tv.
I definitely enjoy it when I hit a good program.

but Tony and I were driving and chatting about prices on stupid tv. I told him if I could get a REAL antennae, one that truly worked and pulled in good local channels I would cancel Directv but I don't know if they money for a good idea will work ya know..LOL....I remember all the problems with rabbit ears in my way younger years..LOL

drives me nuts these prices for tv. so slowly thinking of what to do to get out from under the directv billing and just get free tv again on the airwaves. I need to research good anteanneas.....and how to spell antennaes..LOL
YouTube features many tutorials on homemade antennas. I just picked up a $1.50 transformer/adapter yesterday to try my hand at a digital antenna. They are ingenious, nearly free and definitely SS!

Aren't antennae the things ants have on their heads? Could be wrong.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Yeah, I had to look it up. I wanted to say "antennae" but that is the plural of the biological sense of the word. The technology sense of the word in plural is "antennas".

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
No- come the switch in Feb, it's no TV for me- its due I think to being on the other side of the ridge from the transmitters. And living in the redwoods, a tower for me would not fe feasible.
Right now I'm waiting for the last two stations to switch and then see how it goes but I'm not hopeful.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:
No- come the switch in Feb, it's no TV for me- its due I think to being on the other side of the ridge from the transmitters. And living in the redwoods, a tower for me would not fe feasible.
Right now I'm waiting for the last two stations to switch and then see how it goes but I'm not hopeful.
If you go to this link it will tell you what stations you can expect to receive after the switch. In our case maybe 2 if the trees don't block it.

http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx