Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I've finally stumbled over to your blog, OFG, what an amazing work. :thumbsup
I just downloaded like 20 novels on my Kindle but your blog is so much more interesting, the kindle has stayed closed. Ive been stuck to this computer this AM reading it when I need to go do chores.

I find myself really truly wishing you lived next door to me so I could come over and watch you make cheese, check out your pantry of things you put up yourself, meet your cats and see your crazy barnyard......... But your blog is like the next best thing. You and The Big Man are doing what my husband and I hope to be doing here in the future.....and I think having a lot more success, so we need the good advice you have there.

I most especially liked the story of getting the red truck stuck.....too funny.......you laugh at yourself in a way that makes others just want to sit back and admire!
:pop

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Awww... LOVE new puppies! :love And puppy-breath!
It will be a long time before we see any around here though. My two are 9 and 12 and wouldn't take well to a newcomer. I also hate the thought of parting with the dog-children I have. I wouldn't trade them for anything. :p

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OFG have you got the news on? It's about to hit here.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
thanks for checking Java! yep we were hiding in the basement. i need to go and let everyone out.. we got EVERY ONE in.. whew!

hey journey! yep its the puppy farts that get me! ha! our big dogs are dong really well with her. Dog#2 is playing with her and we immediately taught both dogs to "find the pup" and they run, find her, smell her nose, and come back and show me. if she wanders off they will be able to find her in a second. i'm telling you - there is nothing like a good, hard workin farm dog.

hey SD! golly i wish i lived next door to you too! we'd have a 'h*ll yeah' pack o' hard workin dogs with that bear dog of yours! whooot!

and thanks for your kind words about my blog - i still cant believe anyone i'm not related to reads it
;-)

its a great way to meet new pals - i've actually learned a lot from other folks. you'll get to where we are - just keep on keepin' on and do whatcha can with watcha got.
:)

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Well it must keep you pretty busy, typing while dodging tornados!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ha! you all are funny.. but for the record..i do type as fast as i talk.. and i'm a fast talker
;-)

ok i'm getting baking done - have a loaf of bread rising, some pumpkin scones in the oven, and i've got another pumpkin cooking in the other oven

and i have dinner started on the stove - not bad for a brush with tornadic death! yikes!

hey wonder if i could get some biscuits done... hum.....

ps SD - i'd rather have earthquakes! yikes!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
well we all survived the storm... but we are slain by the puppy cuteness... wow. she's sleeping IN THE BED with her daddy right now.

for the record - no dog has ever EVER been in our bed. like cheap lawn chairs we are..... just like mush her in little paws. sheesh.

still no crying from her and she's good about going out to pee and such.

the only thing is... i'm pretty sure she was just about 10 days too young to be taken away from her momma.

so

professional dog folks out there - got any tips for me for a too young pup?

i just think she needs lots of snuggles and to feel safe. the big dogs do not want to snuggle her or play in the house (they know the rules) so i feel like we have to 'parent' her for a couple weeks. she's too big for my bra but maybe a baby snugly? ha!

we are feeding her canned pup food and giving lots of little feedings. i'm also thinking she would benefit from some raw goats milk mixed with the dry they sent home with us.

remember i'm a hardened, hard nosed, take no malarkey from dogs type... ha! that will come i'm sure but for now i think she needs a lot of body contact. anything else?

i'm working on canning today.

happy wednesday!