Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
19 cents! I got ripped off! :rant Ours were "on sale" for 49 cents. I only bought one though.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
They haven't gone on sale here yet, but they did clean out one of the coolers and have started to fill it with frozen turkey's at our local Safeway. Maybe I need to start a turkey sale thread. Hmmmm....

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i know java! i almost went for the $0.49 sale.. but the meat manager stopped me and told me on the sly to "wait until later in the week"... how great was that?!

and dont forget that a lot of places will "match" sales - you just need to bring in the flier. the mgr told me they were matching the Carnival sale... so... whooot!

thanks tanks! - golly it was our first 'wear a hat day' morning... and they are forecasting SNOW late this week. wow.

if it ever warms up we are heading out. when i bought our last blue pumpkin i slipped a note in the pay box that we'd take any ugly ones or ones they couldnt/dont compost for our pigz.

wouldnt you know that the farmer called yesterday and told us to come out today and back up the truck!!

i'm telling you - folks are happy to share around here. we are going to give them some honey. and we might be able to work out a deal with the farmer to put a hive of beez on his place next year! right now he rents hives... but wow we'd love to help him right on out....for all the pumpkins he can give us. and i noticed he took up corn and he might have straw. yep, nothing wrong with making new friends.

and we need to get them pigz fattened up.... with this cold weather their days are numbered.

whooooot!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Fantastic deal!

Abi and I went looking for sale pumpkins yesterday. NOTHING! They just all disappeared. No clearance. Boy that blows. Off to check craigslist :D

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Wow....Food Lion had a thing going on that if you spent $75 6 times in 2 months you got a $25 gift card.....guess what I'm gonna buy with mine? Yep....turkey....I'm keeping an eye out for the sales now.

I keep pushing hubby to raise some turkeys next year but he says he doesn't wanna fool with them. Think I can sneak some poults in the house in my bra???? :lol:

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I figure in the next couple weeks I'll be able to score a really cheap one. Now I need to find that method I used last year that involved high heat at the beginning of cook time - that was the best one I ever cooked.

What is this about SNOW? (funny timing - my daughter just asked "when is it going to snow?") I gotta consult with our favorite weather dude on that...getting people all whipped into a frenzy over the weather again...:p

Lori - I don't know. What's your bra size? :lol: I guess you could try and tell him it's PMS swelling :D

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
yes lori! just march right in there with a peeping bra! ha!!!

;-)

java - i caught a teaser on the morning news for friday night. sheesh! and grrrr.....

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I mentioned to a co-worker that my chickens like to eat pumpkin and she brought me her pumpkins that her family carved (1 grade school girl, 1 baby, her and her hubby) and the punkin guts for my hens. She gave me 11 pumpkins !!! :ep

Who on earth carves 11 jack-o-lanterns and then just throws the pumpkin away!! :idunno I only have 6 hens and my D1 has 3 more. They will be in the punkin for a while. Wish I had a pig.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I miss carving pumpkins. We used to have pumpkin carving parties. It helped when I grew lots of them. But it was always fun to carve loads of pumpkins with friends and family.

We got lots of volunteer pumpkins this year and will have more than enough for us and the critters.

Would you belive it is supposed to be in the 80's here tomorrow. I was in a tank top today, working out in the field.

Now that we have a freezer and a pressure canner, I am looking forward to those food sales.

Right now I am still canning tomatoes.