Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ha! the funny thing around here is ... no one would bat an eye if you went out with farm animals! ha!

actually they've all seen me standing by the side of the road with a goat - so no news here

but i'd love to send your neighborhood into a frenzy! ha!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
If my tomatoes needed staking, I' d rather sew a little support into my shirts, like they have in tank tops and swimsuits. Winter helps too. Nobody sees bodies much when it's cold out.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
wow what a last couple of days. i've driven more in the last couple of days than i have in the last month.

we helped some folks with a move - i swear i said i'd never help anyone else move AGAIN but there you have it. and we took everything they couldnt shove in the truck.

now i have another heap of stuff and now where to put it. i think i'm gonna open an ebay store for all this stuff. golly. but we did get a good mower so thats something
;-)

so nothing but complaints here today. we are all tired and cranky. we need to get saddled up for church then me, the pup, and all the inside crew are going to sit around. for the whole day. i think we are having crackers for dinner b/c i'm not cooking anything.

maybe pie. there might be another pumpkin pie but thats really it.

happy sunday everyone!
:)

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Hey! Hope you have a restful day. Lying about and eating pumpkin pie after going to church sounds great!

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Definitely rest today. Good day for it. I don't know if it is still very windy where you are but it is STILL very windy at my place. The sun is shining so that is great but I would like to stay indoors for once. Happy Sunday!

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
i think we are having crackers for dinner b/c i'm not cooking anything.
those were the kinds of days my mom declared that it was breakfast for dinner and set my dad loose in the kitchen. the only things that he will cook happily are 1) anything on the grill (except veggie burgers back when i was a vegetarian. he swore they'd take his grill license if he got caught ;)) and 2) pancakes. he makes the BEST banana pancakes.

so, hand TBM a spatula and tell him you are waiting for your pancakes!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Breakfast for dinner is my family's favorite!

Half the reason we got chickens in the first place is so we can have plenty of breakfast for dinner!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Biblio, I can relate -about the only time my dad was in the kitchen was for waffles, but he did make the best waffles! That reminds me of an old family tradition. We always used to have cornbread with syrup for supper on Sundays after evening church. Is there such a thing as pumpkin cornbread?

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If there isn't, let's make one up. Sounds good. My Dad always made the most perfect pancakes - drove Mom crazy. Her's would be funny shaped or burned on the bottom while his was always perfectly round and the most beautiful golden brown. Course he was a cook in the Army during WW2, so I guess he had lots of practice.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
9:00am and its... 29*

for heavens sakes.

so did everyone see that Giant Eagle had their big ol' turkey sale? did anyone else clean up? $0.19 a pound!!!! (with a $10 purchase or anything else, limit 3)

we got 4 turkeys (ha! we went back a 2nd time!) - all were over 20lbs and the most expensive one was $3.99

by the time we went back on sunday they had changed the sale to "limit 1 with a $10 purchase)

its gonna smell like turkey heaven this week we'll be canning and freezing up a storm! if i can get these things thawed out, that is

;-)

happy first really cold monday!!!!!