Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

Ohioann

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
we made it! and the lights are still on! for now

but wow what a wind out there! no damage but its realy blowing.. i think our clucks will end up in the next county also so we arent running right out there.

but i hurried up and made coffee, and ate pie for breakfast.

whooot!
Last night we lost power for about half an hour. Sounded like someone was hunting outside....lots of cracks and bangs. Woke up this morning to lots of limbs down in front yard and lane and a tree down behind the house. Missed the house but put a serious dent in the dog yard fence. Took me 45minutes to de-ice the car and the lane(1/4 mile) is a glare of ice. Was using a pitchfork as a walking stick to keep myself on my feet! Was 40 degrees at 6 this AM and now the wind and snow are back and the thermometer is heading down fast. I guess the ground hog didn't see his shadow so spring is coming:fl

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
minus 10? Oh my gosh - thats cold for CO. brrr....
Yes, but in typical Colorado fashion it will be in the 50's by the weekend! :gig

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
oh no, Ohioann! sorry about the dog house. we warmed up here then it just plummeted.. how cold and very very blowy

but still have the lights on. the mid day news was screaming about how the power company was expecting more losses....and some folks will be in the dark until friday! yikes!

fortunately we are still ok. but just to be sure i made a big pan of enchiladas so we'd have a warm supper at least.

our hen house is at the top of a slight incline/hill and not even the pitchfork could get me down the hill. so i just sat down and slid on my snow pants! the dogs thought this was hilarious.

everyone had given up and even the geese went in.

sheesh! i've had it with the stupid winter. grrrr......

MurphR i just got wind that another hi-tech corporate monkey from sili valley is moving back to ohio. i'm guessing they will has about 15 minutes in this weather - we'll easily be in the sub-zeros tonite... i'm gonna start taking bets on how long they last.
;-)

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sure hope you keep your power. Just heard on the news that contract utility companies from Tennessee have gone to Missouri to help them out. Maybe I should put the word out you all need help too.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey, pass the pie :lol:
I put a huge chuck roast in the crock pot and boy oh boy does it smell good! Now I have to figure out what to have with it. The kids just want rice.

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Came here first to check on y'all in the snow and ice... figured everyone would check in here ;)

We didn't have snow / ice, but we had some major storms and damaging winds. Now the temp has dropped 8 degrees since this morning and the wind is still blowing.

Y'all bundle up!!

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
pssst - AL!!! I don't think they want to hear about our lowly 8 degree drop in temp. 'Specially when that means the temps are in the 50's instead of the 60's! :lol:

Don't hate us because we live in the sunny south! :cool:

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'll have you know we are in the low 40's.... practically blizzard material ourselves.

:hide :D

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
:frow Hey OFG! Oooops . . . I thought you were cutting cheese in the kitchen again. :lol: But I guess you are just dealing with obnoxious cold and blustery weather. I'm sorry to hear it! We had some strong wind with below freezing weather in early November and it was horrible. I've never seen that combination in the pacific northwest before. Yuck. Stay safe and warm! :) Smart of you to make dinner early. :D